Why is the climate change debate a political one in the United States?

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
But that still doesn't address his claim of seizing private property. If buying private property for the use of a new road or oil pipeline is seizing it, and against the constitution, it wouldn't matter what the use for it will be after its "seized".

And let's remember that it's OPEC that's price fixing. I'd much rather get our oil from our northern neighbors than a cartel!

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Oh, please. It is literally a law against forfeiture for the government unless it is for "economic gains". Buying or taking people land for a corporation sounds like a good cause to you?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Oh, please. It is literally a law against forfeiture for the government unless it is for "economic gains". Buying or taking people land for a corporation sounds like a good cause to you?

Did I ever call it good? I simply asked how it was any different from buying private land for a new road way. I have friends that had to sell their land when the state of Ga expanded hwy 27. They were paid a top price for the land they had to sell.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Did I ever call it good? I simply asked how it was any different from buying private land for a new road way. I have friends that had to sell their land when the state of Ga expanded hwy 27. They were paid a top price for the land they had to sell.

Different situations entirely.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I think it would be accurate to say that neither of us are going to change the others view point, right?

No one is trying to change your viewpoint. I am telling you that the Keystone pipeline brings no long term benefits. Whether you agree with me or not is tour own issue.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
No one is trying to change your viewpoint. I am telling you that the Keystone pipeline brings no long term benefits. Whether you agree with me or not is tour own issue.

Well I don't agree with you. So with that, let's stop arguing

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
So let me ask everyone in this thread:
On a personal level what have you done to reduce your emissions?

For myself, I own a diesel Vw Jetta that gets 45 mpg. I also try to be as responsible as possible to take actions that will help the earth.

Took train and bus to work. Currently living on campus at college so I don't drive, I walk wherever. I recycle, I don't litter, I plan to switch to all organic foods. When I do drive (or whenever I make it home), I drive as little as possible. I don't use plastic water bottles either.

I am no also looking into moving to an electric car or a diesel engine. I do quite bit.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Seizure of private property? You mean purchase of private property? How is this any different from a new road?

When can we equate roads to pipelines that spread hundreds of miles?

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
But like I said, let's stop arguing. We obviously disagree. The gentlemanly thing to do is stop arguing and move on. This is a phone site, not a political site btw.

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Tech is right let's agree to disagree. I'm upset with the naughty girl dot com ads on the imore app. I made my daughter remove the app from her phone.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
But like I said, let's stop arguing. We obviously disagree. The gentlemanly thing to do is stop arguing and move on. This is a phone site, not a political site btw.

This is the political section in off topic, this is the exact place where you do these kinds of things at. It let's more than one kind of voice become heard.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Tech is right let's agree to disagree. I'm upset with the naughty girl dot com ads on the imore app. I made my daughter remove the app from her phone.

Reminds of the Verge website which has ads that they argue so admantly against such as "sexist" ones. This is why I started using Epic Browser and use apps when I can, rarely see ads and blocks cookies and trackers websites use. Even has a built in VPN on Epic Browser.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site

I don't understand it either, key stone is boon to Canada, not the US why are some Americans so adamant about supporting it.