Why is the climate change debate a political one in the United States?

palandri

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Answer the question instead of accusing me of being an Alex Jones follower. Is that the best you got!?!

Umm you can't answer.. You haven't a clue.. The most accurate data—from satellites—confirms that there has been virtually no global warming since 1998

LOL! Of course I can answer it, but it would be a waste of my time because you will simply say that I am wrong, so I am not going to waste my time.

Let me be clear, I don't believe in gremlins or ghost or evil spirits; I believe in science.

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Let me quote my young daughter, because I find it fitting: "OMG!"
* The only agenda I'm "pushing" is for you to admit that Sen. Murkowski's statement was, and still is, preposterous. In this entire exchange with you I didn't talk about global warming, only about a statement made by the above senator.
* The polar vortex post wasn't mine: I have nothing to do with it. nada. nichts. intet.
* What scientific fact are you alluding to? What part of this sentence do you not understand: "Extrapolated over a year, the emissions would place the volcano 47th to 75th in the world table of emitters on a country-by-country basis"? Yes it emits (on good days) between 150,000 and 300,000 tonnes of carbon dioxide (CO2) per day, but that in minuscule compared to Europe as a whole!

I'll never admit her statement is incorrect. Don't waste time. She is correct. Scientific fact.

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
LOL! Of course I can answer it, but it would be a waste of my time because you will simply say that I am wrong, so I am not going to waste my time.

Let me be clear, I don't believe in gremlins or ghost or evil spirits; I believe in science.

you don't have an answer... That's the only reason why If you do Enlighten me, if you can..

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Iceland's volcanic impact on our environment has been little to be concerned about. Worldwide, the impact of all volcanic and earthquake activity is a concern and dwarfs that emitted by mankind.
From various sources:
Volcanic eruptions can be extremely damaging to the environment, particularly because of a number of toxic gases possibly present in pyroclastic material. It typically consists mainly of water vapor, but it also contains carbon dioxide and sulphur dioxide gas. Other gases typically found in volcanic ashes are hydrogen sulphide, hydrogen chloride, hydrogen fluoride, carbon monoxide, and volatile metal chloride. Carbon dioxide emitted from volcanoes adds to the natural greenhouse effect. Sulphur dioxides cause environmental problems, because they are converted to sulphuric acid in the stratosphere; the main cause of acid rain. Furthermore, sulphate aerosols are formed, which reflect solar radiation and absorb heat, thereby cooling the earth. Sulphate aerosols also take part in chemical reactions, forming ozone destructive material. An example of a volcanic eruption that caused substantial environmental damage is the Mount Pinatubo eruption in the Philippines.

Iceland?s volcanic activity might ? in rational minds ? serve to draw attention to the natural variables (volcanoes, ocean currents, solar activity, clouds, water vapor, etc. ) that dwarf the human impact on climate.

Australian scientist Ian Plimer ? geologist and volcano expert, professor of geology at the University of Adelaide, and professor emeritus of earth sciences at the University of Melbourne, notes that man?s contribution of CO2, SO2, and other greenhouse gases is relatively minor, when compared to the contributions from natural sources.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Lisa Murkowski

"I come from a state where we see a warming. We're seeing it with increased water temperatures; we're seeing it with ice that is thinner; we're seeing it with migratory patterns that are changing," she said. "So I look at this and I say this is something that we must address."

What's your issue? she believes in global warming......

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
We should be asking our self's.."What would Reagan do"?

Conservative group's ads ask Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh audience: What would Reagan do about climate change?

I can say with no hesitation that Ronald Reagan, were he alive today, would not believe that global warming was a crisis that was caused by mankind.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
If he knew how to properly debate he would see less bashing.

They are all bad, but Fox News is certainly the worst.

The bashing has to do with his views, you see it with all conservatives here. Yeah they're all bad, but CNN is far worse than Fox News.

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
If he knew how to properly debate he would see less bashing.

I post articles to back up my opinion....You chose to ignore them and "bash" instead of debating facts...You consider my articles to be conservative and pay no attention to them..Bash bash bash...I kind of like the abuse..

cmrobbins42

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
The bashing has to do with his views, you see it with all conservatives here. Yeah they're all bad, but CNN is far worse than Fox News.

The bashing has to do with his "I'm right, you're wrong and im gonna keep on saying it without actively debating any of the interesting points you made" attitude.

I'm gonna just have to disagree with you on the CNN/Fox News debate.

I post articles to back up my opinion....You chose to ignore them and "bash" instead of debating facts...

Because your arguments are tired. I was done with the GW, CC etc debate before it started here.

Happy Trollololololing

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
The bashing has to do with his "I'm right, you're wrong and im gonna keep on saying it without actively debating any of the interesting points you made" attitude.

I'm gonna just have to disagree with you on the CNN/Fox News debate.

Nope, it has to do with his political views. As I have said, it happens to all conservatives not just him. And you'd be wrong, Fox News is much better than CNN. You liberals just don't comprehend fair journalism thus the constant Fox News bashing.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen