worst president in modern times

Status
Not open for further replies.

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Hopefully that is true.

This sounds like my state.

Actually it sounds a lot like the right wing urban legend and is most likely not even true. Regardless if you have a handful of people doing this it is helping many more. The right is so infatuated with the idea that one person somewhere is gaming the welfare system that they are willing to humiliate and degrade the millions of working poor to find him. Walmart is your welfare state. They don't pay a living wage so the taxpayer subsidizes those 6 lazy fat kids that have never worked a day in their life. You can't have it both ways, either force companies to pay a living wage or embrace subsidizing the businesses by paying for their employees food and healthcare. Pick one, you can't have them both.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Actually it sounds a lot like the right wing urban legend and is most likely not even true. Regardless if you have a handful of people doing this it is helping many more. The right is so infatuated with the idea that one person somewhere is gaming the welfare system that they are willing to humiliate and degrade the millions of working poor to find him. Walmart is your welfare state. They don't pay a living wage so the taxpayer subsidizes those 6 lazy fat kids that have never worked a day in their life. You can't have it both ways, either force companies to pay a living wage or embrace subsidizing the businesses by paying for their employees food and healthcare. Pick one, you can't have them both.
If one person is frauding the welfare system, that is one person too much.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
So the only solution is to get rid of the whole thing? How does that make sense?

Posted via the iMore App for Android
Fraud is fraud. If one commits credit card fraud they go to jail. If one frauds the welfare system nothing happens. Why is there a difference? There shouldn't be.

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
If one person is frauding the welfare system, that is one person too much.

Then go after the walmart kids, there are six of them stealing from you everyday. They love you though. You not only support them stealing your money you also vote for more of it and fight and argue for their right to continue to do it. You're gold to them.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Then go after the walmart kids, there are six of them stealing from you everyday. They love you though. You not only support them stealing your money you also vote for more of it and fight and argue for their right to continue to do it. You're gold to them.
How did I vote for them?

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
You vote for the party that fights regulating businesses and wants to either keep the minimum wage at an unlivable rate or eliminate it completely. That's a great start. You're voting for their system of doing business.
I don't recall saying who I voted for, so...

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Fraud is fraud. If one commits credit card fraud they go to jail. If one frauds the welfare system nothing happens. Why is there a difference? There shouldn't be.

You didn't understand what I am asking, because otherwise you wouldn't saying that. You are saying if someone commits credit card fraud, we get rid of credit cards?

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
You didn't understand what I am asking, because otherwise you wouldn't saying that. You are saying if someone commits credit card fraud, we get rid of credit cards?

No, but those who commit credit card fraud typically go to jail.

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

You my sir are categorically wrong. Care the retract your statement?

Google Search results lists hundreds to thousands of welfare fraud arrests or convictions: here is just a sample.

-------------------------------------------

Wealthy Minn. couple wanted for welfare fraud arrested in Florida

Seymour woman arrested for welfare fraud, theft

Yacht Couple Charged With Welfare Fraud Arrested In Fla.

Welfare fraud raids: 42 named in thefts of $624K from Syracuse and 15 suburbs

5 charged in county with welfare fraud

Michigan $1 Million Lotto Winner Arrested for Failing to Report Winnings, Employment

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
You vote for the party that fights regulating businesses and wants to either keep the minimum wage at an unlivable rate or eliminate it completely. That's a great start. You're voting for their system of doing business.

Have you ever taken economics? While there has to be properly right protection, regulating business ALWAYS hurts business. Neither can be avoided, but keeping regulations to minimum helps business. As for the minimum wage, it will cause two things: A. By setting a price floor on labor, the Feds are causing the market to go out of equilibrium. Because some low skill workers aren't worth 10.10 an hour(or even 7.50, in the case of many farm workers) the minimum wage causes higher unemployment for the very people it is supposed to help. B. It will cause higher prices: when you have higher taxes, you have to charge more. The minimum wage is a tax on employers. So it also hurts the very people it is supposed to help, as do many, many government programs, made by corrupt officials that want good results now, and don't give a rip about the future results.
Minimum wage is very helpful to the workers that will be able to keep their jobs. But it hurts unemployed, and vulnerable workers. Here is an example: View attachment 68984 as the minimum wage goes up, the employment level goes from E0 to E1, causing an excess supply of employees, and a lower than equilibrium demand. Note: this is just an example, I am in no way saying what the minimum wage should be, rather showing that it takes the market out of equilibrium.

Source: Economics: private and public choice. Gwartney (My textbook for economics 213, which I completed the first of August)

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Those are just a few. And not surprising they're white. What about the blacks and other minorities who commit welfare fraud? This seems like it's racist to me!

So you are saying arrest people who commit welfare fraud? Sounds like another thing to throw minorities in jail for.

Sounds like you're playing the race card again and it needs to stop. It doesn't matter if one is a minority or not, if they fraud the welfare system they are a criminal, period end of story. As a result they should be treated as a criminal. You're the one saying minorities are the ones committing the fraud, not me.

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
So you are saying arrest people who commit welfare fraud? Sounds like another thing to throw minorities in jail for.

So..minorities are the only ones committing welfare fraud?? You are a silly man.....

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Have you ever taken economics? While there has to be properly right protection, regulating business ALWAYS hurts business. Neither can be avoided, but keeping regulations to minimum helps business. As for the minimum wage, it will cause two things: A. By setting a price floor on labor, the Feds are causing the market to go out of equilibrium. Because some low skill workers aren't worth 10.10 an hour(or even 7.50, in the case of many farm workers) the minimum wage causes higher unemployment for the very people it is supposed to help. B. It will cause higher prices: when you have higher taxes, you have to charge more. The minimum wage is a tax on employers. So it also hurts the very people it is supposed to help, as do many, many government programs, made by corrupt officials that want good results now, and don't give a rip about the future results.
Minimum wage is very helpful to the workers that will be able to keep their jobs. But it hurts unemployed, and vulnerable workers. Here is an example: View attachment 68984 as the minimum wage goes up, the employment level goes from E0 to E1, causing an excess supply of employees, and a lower than equilibrium demand. Note: this is just an example, I am in no way saying what the minimum wage should be, rather showing that it takes the market out of equilibrium.

Source: Economics: private and public choice. Gwartney (My textbook for economics 213, which I completed the first of August)
Well said!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR