worst president in modern times

Status
Not open for further replies.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
You'd have better luck going outside and beating your head a thousand times with a hammer than trying to reason with the unreasonable.

It seems so, I would think adults would be able to have reasonable conversations, but I guess not.

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I can understand having conversations in the community and working on family structures, but David Webb literally said nothing useful. If that is speaking truth, I have a wrong definition of it then.

Everything he says are right on track.

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Author Aaron David Miller was interviewed on NPR (link) recently.

Here's what Mr. Miller said about Obama:
"On Barack Obama, a historic president — but not a great one
My Rx prescription for greatness, basically, is:
You have the crisis that allows you to lead the nation.
You need the capacity, once the crisis occurs, to fundamentally demonstrate you can succeed.
And you need character.
That alignment, what I call the three C's of presidential greatness — crisis, character and capacity — has not appeared.

Now, when President Obama began his ascent, it was clear — to him, at least — we had a crisis. Two, actually: the worst economic recession since the great depression [and] the two longest wars in American history.

But the alignment didn't really work out the way that he wanted to. He became a deeply polarizing figure — as had Lincoln and FDR and, at the end of his term, Washington.

But the problems were quite different. They weren't discrete — they were systemic problems. He needed the cooperation of Congress, which clearly was not possible. He had a partisan majority but lacked the kind of bipartisan support for his signature initiative as the other transformative changes in American history — Social Security, Medicare, civil rights — which created a sort of downside to transformative change he sought with the Affordable Care Act.

I think he may well leave office as a historic president, accomplishing much, but without that patina of greatness."

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to thank the participants of this thread for proving wrong the many people who say that conversations regarding politics and race cannot be held. Well, that conversation is taking place right here, and although there are disagreeing viewpoints, it's still a good thing because various sides are communicating. Don't get me wrong now. I didn't say that the conversation was easy, and that it would not cause a tad bit of irritation (laughing). I'm saying that I appreciate the fact that you all are conversing in an admirable manner. Thank you.

Last edited:

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I usually stay out of discussions regarding politics and race. But I thought I'd pop in a few thoughts. Like everyone I have my opinions on politics but I have even stronger opinions on race. Our country has never really dealt with the race issue. It's a subject that is always "bubbling" underneath the surface in my community and in our country, and it doesn't take much for it to come out. I agree with D, this conversation is good to have and it's not easy, and yes it can get "hot". But that alright. I have experienced a lot over the years. Everyone has their own life experiences and saying something doesn't exist or isn't so doesn't make it right. Be respectful of others opinions and have a conversation. It's interesting that I'm writing this on a Sunday morning. My father used to say that Sunday morning was the most segregated time in America. Think about it. Have a great day! Thanks.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I usually stay out of discussions regarding politics and race. But I thought I'd pop in a few thoughts. Like everyone I have my opinions on politics but I have even stronger opinions on race. Our country has never really dealt with the race issue. It's a subject that is always "bubbling" underneath the surface in my community and in our country, and it doesn't take much for it to come out. I agree with D, this conversation is good to have and it's not easy, and yes it can get "hot". But that alright. I have experienced a lot over the years. Everyone has their own life experiences and saying something doesn't exist or isn't so doesn't make it right. Be respectful of others opinions and have a conversation. It's interesting that I'm writing this on a Sunday morning. My father used to say that Sunday morning was the most segregated time in America. Think about it. Have a great day! Thanks.

Well said prince

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I bet if the participants here were in the same room you would have a different outcome. I believe politics, race and religion are better discussed on forums as such, keeps it more civil.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I bet if the participants here were in the same room you would have a different outcome. I believe politics, race and religion are better discussed on forums as such, keeps it more civil.

I think you would have the same outcome. Honestly this is the most civil conversation about race I have ever had on a forum.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I think you would have the same outcome. Honestly this is the most civil conversation about race I have ever had on a forum.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

It's sad when race can't be a civil conversation anywhere.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I don't judge people by their race. Period. I judge people by their character, how much they've accomplished, their attitude, and what football team they like(jk on the last one). I have some really good friends that are black, even have an adopted aunt that is black.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I'd like to thank the participants of this thread for proving wrong the many people who say that conversations regarding politics and race cannot be held. Well, that conversation is taking place right here, and although there are disagreeing viewpoints, it's still a good thing because various sides are communicating. Don't get me wrong now. I didn't say that the conversation was easy, and that it would not cause a tad bit of irritation (laughing). I'm saying that I appreciate the fact that you all are conversing in an admirable manner. Thank you.
And it is, for the most part, civil. This is in contrast to Android Central.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I don't judge people by their race. Period. I judge people by their character, how much they've accomplished, their attitude, and what football team they like(jk on the last one). I have some really good friends that are black, even have an adopted aunt that is black.
Same here. When I assisted with hiring and interviewing at one of my jobs I looked at resumes and achievements. I don't care what race you are, that's irrelevant to your ability to do the job.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I don't judge people by their race. Period. I judge people by their character, how much they've accomplished, their attitude, and what football team the like(jk on the last one). I have some really good friends that are black, even have an adopted aunt that is black.

I agree 100%... The only thing I judge a person on is character and if that person has good beliefs and values. I don't judge a person on religion, colour of their skin nor the way they choose to live their life. We are all different from different walks of life and that's what makes everyone unique. As long as a person tries to do the right thing and looks out for other people that's all that matters to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77