Niantic?s new enticement for Pok?mon GO

Rafagon

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
Niantic has announced ?daily bonuses? and they?re saying it?s ?coming soon.?

Here?s the text of their announcement, but you can find the source link here.

?More bonuses, more fun! Daily bonuses are coming...
Trainers,

We want to provide you a detailed look at a new feature coming soon to Pok?mon GO - Daily bonuses! Trainers will soon be able to receive a bonus for certain daily activities, including catching a Pok?mon or visiting a Pok?Stop once a day. You?ll earn a larger bonus if you do this seven days in a row!

Catching a Pok?mon every day will earn the following bonus:
500 XP
600 Stardust

Catching a Pok?mon every day for 7 days straight will earn the following larger bonus:
2,000 XP
2,400 Stardust

Visiting a Pok?Stop and spinning the Photo Disc every day will earn the following bonus:
500 XP
A number of additional items

Visiting a Pok?Stop every day for 7 days straight will earn the following larger bonus:
2,000 XP
A greater number of additional items

If you catch a Pok?mon at any time on Tuesday local time, you?ll be eligible for the next daily bonus on Wednesday at 12 AM local time.

The Pok?mon GO team?

(All emphasis, i.e. underlining, bolded text, colored text, were added by me.)

???????????

And now, here are some questions that have come to my mind.

That last clause, the one I highlighted in red, kind of confuses me. Maybe because I haven?t had sufficient cafffeine yet?

So the first two items (the ones involving catching Pok?mon) are not granted immediately upon catching the Pok?mon, but rather, you have to wait at least until the next day at 12:00 AM? And this only applies on Tuesdays, or is Tuesday just given as an arbitrary example, meaning, in fact, that it applies any any given day of the week?

And the last two items (the ones involving the visiting of Pok?Stops) are granted immediately, or are you forced to wait until at leasat the next day at 12:00AM also?

Last edited:

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Niantic has announced ?daily bonuses? and they?re saying it?s ?coming soon.?

Here?s the text of their announcement, but you can find the source link here.

?More bonuses, more fun! Daily bonuses are coming...
Trainers,

We want to provide you a detailed look at a new feature coming soon to Pok?mon GO - Daily bonuses! Trainers will soon be able to receive a bonus for certain daily activities, including catching a Pok?mon or visiting a Pok?Stop once a day. You?ll earn a larger bonus if you do this seven days in a row!

Catching a Pok?mon every day will earn the following bonus:
500 XP
600 Stardust

Catching a Pok?mon every day for 7 days straight will earn the following larger bonus:
2,000 XP
2,400 Stardust

Visiting a Pok?Stop and spinning the Photo Disc every day will earn the following bonus:
500 XP
A number of additional items

Visiting a Pok?Stop every day for 7 days straight will earn the following larger bonus:
2,000 XP
A greater number of additional items

If you catch a Pok?mon at any time on Tuesday local time, you?ll be eligible for the next daily bonus on Wednesday at 12 AM local time.

The Pok?mon GO team?

(All emphasis, i.e. underlining, bolded text, colored text, were added by me.)

???????????

And now, here are some questions that have come to my mind.

That last clause, the one I highlighted in red, kind of confuses me. Maybe because I haven?t had sufficient cafffeine yet?

So the first two items (the ones involving catching Pok?mon) are not granted immediately upon catching the Pok?mon, but rather, you have to wait at least until the next day at 12:00 AM? And this only applies on Tuesdays, or is Tuesday just given as an arbitrary example, meaning, in fact, that it applies any any given day of the week?

And the last two items (the ones involving the visiting of Pok?Stops) are granted immediately, or are you forced to wait until at leasat the next day at 12:00AM also?

You must complete the complete one day to be eligible for the next. It kind of sounds like their week starts on Tuesday for the weekly bonus.

Rafagon

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
You must complete the complete one day to be eligible for the next. It kind of sounds like their week starts on Tuesday for the weekly bonus.

Thank you kindly for your reply. I’m afraid I’m going to have to bother you with one question, though: When you say, "complete the day,” do you mean wait 24 hours between actions? For example, with the Pok?stop bonus, if I spin the Pok?stop at 11:55PM, and then wait 5 minutes for it to reset, and spin it again at 12:00 midnight, it won’t count as two consecutive days towards the seven-day bonus? I know that details are scant at the moment!

Perhaps they’ll have some kind of countdown icon somewhere, similar to the Defender Bonus collection countdown… something like: “Days Remaining for Weekly Bonus: x” (obviously with fewer words). That’d really be helpful so that the user doesn’t have to remember where he’s at with that seven-day larger bonus.

Thanks again, man!

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Thank you kindly for your reply. I?m afraid I?m going to have to bother you with one question, though: When you say, "complete the day,? do you mean wait 24 hours between actions? For example, with the Pok?stop bonus, if I spin the Pok?stop at 11:55PM, and then wait 5 minutes for it to reset, and spin it again at 12:00 midnight, it won?t count as two consecutive days towards the seven-day bonus? I know that details are scant at the moment!

Perhaps they?ll have some kind of countdown icon somewhere, similar to the Defender Bonus collection countdown? something like: ?Days Remaining for Weekly Bonus: x? (obviously with fewer words). That?d really be helpful so that the user doesn?t have to remember where he?s at with that seven-day larger bonus.

Thanks again, man!

It sounds to me that it would work that way yes, since the days start at 12:00am.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2