Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By metllicamilitia
  • 1 Post By metllicamilitia
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Nanite

Default When are we gonna get a real update?

What is Niantic doing?
    The past few updates have been a total waste of time.

When are we getting the legendaries?
    When are we getting Generation 2?
    When are we getting the tracking system? If you spent time on giving us this, you could spend less time locking out third party trackers because no one would use them anymore.

Default Re: When are we gonna get a real update?

The best way to have answers would be to ask them directly!
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    279 Global Posts

We might get—not an update—but at least an event on October 31st.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    3,889 Global Posts

They need to refine their coding. No other games have ever killed the battery like this game. I know why it's coded that way but it can be better. It's coded to make it tougher to reverse engineer it for cheating but it sucks the battery.
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    2,644 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RHChan84 View Post
    They need to refine their coding. No other games have ever killed the battery like this game. I know why it's coded that way but it can be better. It's coded to make it tougher to reverse engineer it for cheating but it sucks the battery.
    The biggest part of it that kills the battery is the constant GPS usage. They have toned it down and people aren't happy with the time it takes to update steps and such. The only way to remedy that is to make the GPS usage non stop which would only kill the battery faster. This is honestly why I can't wait for the Apple Watch app. The Apple Watch app will eliminate most battery killing features in the app by allowing the Watch to use those features instead.
    Ron7624 likes this.
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    2,644 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rafagon View Post
    We might getnot an updatebut at least an event on October 31st.
    Mine started today, just noticed my Magikarp only needs 0.25KM for a candy, and the Cubone I caught yielded 6 candy.
    Rafagon likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    279 Global Posts

If you’re right about that, then that totally sucks. If they are going to insert code that does nothing to obfuscate the real code, I would hope that they would be smart enough to use operations that don’t take up any processor clock cycles—for example,

Code:
     i+1;
    in the case of C.

I’m not sure if that’s old school or not, as I haven’t done any real programming in a decade or more.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    3,889 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rafagon View Post
    If youre right about that, then that totally sucks. If they are going to insert code that does nothing to obfuscate the real code, I would hope that they would be smart enough to use operations that dont take up any processor clock cyclesfor example,

Code:
     i+1;
    in the case of C.

Im not sure if thats old school or not, as I havent done any real programming in a decade or more.
    From what I read, instead of a 1+1=2 calculation, it's like 100*240/12-(x+y) type of calculation which makes it a lot harder to crack.

I have used my GPS non stop for over an hour and have never felt my phone heat up that much.

They already blocked jail broken and rooted devices but there are ways around that. I used them way back 2+ years ago when I used to unlock my boot loader on my Android and root it then use another app to hide root to certain apps. But that was the past and I haven't rooted a device in over a year. Now I switched to iPhone and my last phone, I jailbroken and installed other apps but again, I haven't done that in a while either.
    iMore Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by metllicamilitia View Post
    The biggest part of it that kills the battery is the constant GPS usage.
    Interestingly, neither navigating through Google Maps nor playing Ingress drowns my battery as much as Pokemon Go, and GPS usage should be comparable
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    279 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Osterlaus View Post
    Interestingly, neither navigating through Google Maps nor playing Ingress drowns my battery as much as Pokemon Go, and GPS usage should be comparable
    I would highly recommend giving Low Power Mode in iOS settings a shot, if you aren’t already doing so. You might be pleasantly surprised.