When are we gonna get a real update?

TheDarkPhil

Oct 16, 2016
Visit site
What is Niantic doing?
The past few updates have been a total waste of time.

When are we getting the legendaries?
When are we getting Generation 2?
When are we getting the tracking system? If you spent time on giving us this, you could spend less time locking out third party trackers because no one would use them anymore.

RHChan84

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
They need to refine their coding. No other games have ever killed the battery like this game. I know why it's coded that way but it can be better. It's coded to make it tougher to reverse engineer it for cheating but it sucks the battery.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
They need to refine their coding. No other games have ever killed the battery like this game. I know why it's coded that way but it can be better. It's coded to make it tougher to reverse engineer it for cheating but it sucks the battery.

The biggest part of it that kills the battery is the constant GPS usage. They have toned it down and people aren't happy with the time it takes to update steps and such. The only way to remedy that is to make the GPS usage non stop which would only kill the battery faster. This is honestly why I can't wait for the Apple Watch app. The Apple Watch app will eliminate most battery killing features in the app by allowing the Watch to use those features instead.

Rafagon

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
If you’re right about that, then that totally sucks. If they are going to insert code that does nothing to obfuscate the real code, I would hope that they would be smart enough to use operations that don’t take up any processor clock cycles—for example,

Code:
 i+1;

in the case of C.

I’m not sure if that’s old school or not, as I haven’t done any real programming in a decade or more.

RHChan84

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
If you?re right about that, then that totally sucks. If they are going to insert code that does nothing to obfuscate the real code, I would hope that they would be smart enough to use operations that don?t take up any processor clock cycles?for example,

Code:
 i+1;

in the case of C.

I?m not sure if that?s old school or not, as I haven?t done any real programming in a decade or more.

From what I read, instead of a 1+1=2 calculation, it's like 100*240/12-(x+y) type of calculation which makes it a lot harder to crack.

I have used my GPS non stop for over an hour and have never felt my phone heat up that much.

They already blocked jail broken and rooted devices but there are ways around that. I used them way back 2+ years ago when I used to unlock my boot loader on my Android and root it then use another app to hide root to certain apps. But that was the past and I haven't rooted a device in over a year. Now I switched to iPhone and my last phone, I jailbroken and installed other apps but again, I haven't done that in a while either.

Rafagon

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site

Interestingly, neither navigating through Google Maps nor playing Ingress drowns my battery as much as Pokemon Go, and GPS usage should be comparable :(

I would highly recommend giving Low Power Mode in iOS settings a shot, if you aren’t already doing so. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77