New Spawn Areas

Ron7624

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm guessing that Niantac has made some changes in the game because I just found a pocket monster outside my front door.
I have always had to walk at least 2 blocks before I could find a Pokemon to catch, but yesterday I started getting common 'mon appearing while at my desk! I have captured everything that has come up and I get like 4 per hour. I hope to get something more exciting than Pidgey and Ratata over time, but hey, I can always use the stardust that I collect.
So, the point is there are new spawn areas that have been released. The down side is that I guess everything has changed because I had been able to catch a Dratini every now and again at a spot 1/4 mile from my home but haven't seen one since I noticed the change. Maybe I'm just missing them?
Niantac giveth, and taketh away lol

Ron7624

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
So I just watched an interesting video by Trainer Tips on You Tube. This guy is an old Pokemon Player and now playing Pokemon Go and putting out a video each day since the game started on different aspects and his viewpoint. Some good, some not so good.
Anyway,
Today was about spawn spots and he said that a spawn spot, if you know where it is, will spawn a Pokemon once every hour at the Same Time. So.. if you have a close one (like I do) take note of the time and go back in one hour to get another. He said the spawns usually last for 15 minutes. It starts again at the top of the hour a different 'mon will spawn at the same minute of the hour.
So, I just got one at 8:24 so I will check at 24 minutes after the hour to see if he is right.
That completes my fun tip of the day lol
(boy, was I wrong about how many I was catching per hour haha. When I wrote that, it was from memory and I had been away to a water park all morning trying to catch squirtle)

Rafagon

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm guessing that Niantac has made some changes in the game because I just found a pocket monster outside my front door.

This has nothing to do with your post, so please don’t be too upset at me, but every now and again I wonder why they’re called Pocket Monsters. Have you seen some of their sizes? There's no way they can possibly fit in your pocket.

IMG_2777.PNG

I know they somehow magically get stuffed in that Pok?mon Storage thingy, similar to the way the ghosts in Ghosbuster are kept in those backpacks, but still.

They should be called GiMon. Giant Monsters.

Ron7624

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
So back to the topic of this post?
Last night I found two Snorlax in the wild. I captured both of them. One of them had a very low CP in the 200s but the other had a CP of 2364! It took a few great balls and raspberries, but I got him.
Is anyone else seen unusual and rare Pok?mon in the wild?

Rafagon

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
Last night I found two Snorlax in the wild. I captured both of them. One of them had a very low CP in the 200s but the other had a CP of 2364! It took a few great balls and raspberries, but I got him.

Hmmm, nice! Congrats! I read an article in which they mentioned that finding evolved Pok?mon in the wild has just gotten easier after Niantic made a few tweaks. I've yet to experience it myself, but it may explain your Snorlax encounters.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me

My God kids and I were out and stumbled upon a Gyrados. Mine was only 117 CP but the youngest's was 1700.

MomoMilky

Jul 15, 2016
Visit site
The latest update definitely changed spawn rates/locations. Now pokemon appear much more often in places I've never seen spawn before. Must be due to decline in player population.

21stNow

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I was in hot pursuit of the shadowed Pokemon in my sightings. I finally found him: a 1700 CP Charizard! Heartbreak followed as he escaped ball after ball and finally ran away. :(

Bizzymom56

Oct 16, 2016
Visit site
I saw on your post you mentioned using the raspberries. Could you explain how you use those? I don't think I'm doing it right as nothing seems to happen when I throw them at the creatures.

Ron7624

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I saw on your post you mentioned using the raspberries. Could you explain how you use those? I don't think I'm doing it right as nothing seems to happen when I throw them at the creatures.
Sure. The use of raspberries increases the possibility of capturing any Pok?mon. A rare, high CP 'mon in the wild is hard to catch. They usually poof away for me. So when encountered, I choose a great ball, then choose a raspberry. Sling the raspberry and you will see a heart animation. Then throw your ball. If not captured, it still stays usually. So get another raspberry and sling it before you toss another ball. If you continue that process, you may have success where as if you do not use the raspberries, your high CP Pok?mon may puff away after the 1st or 2nd ball.
I only use the raspberries when I encounter a Pokemon that I really, really want to capture.
It is not a guarantee of capture, it just increases your odds. Hope this helps :)

Last edited:

Ron7624

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
This has nothing to do with your post, so please don’t be too upset at me, but every now and again I wonder why they’re called Pocket Monsters. Have you seen some of their sizes? There's no way they can possibly fit in your pocket.

View attachment 112477

I know they somehow magically get stuffed in that Pok?mon Storage thingy, similar to the way the ghosts in Ghosbuster are kept in those backpacks, but still.

They should be called GiMon. Giant Monsters.

lol

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2