Is 'Pok?mon Go slowing down?

Ron7624

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
As with all things, the new wears off and things slow down a bit. I'm on level 29 and it's hard to just keep catching pidgey and ratattas to get XP but if you don't, you won't level up. My motivation is to get to 30 but I'm 340,000 xp away and that's a lot of stinking pidgeys lol.
The buddy system will bring some life back into the game if they implement it soon, bit it looks like it's a month away or more from what I read. Trading should be in the same update. Maybe that's why it's taking so long.
I am still gung ho, but the interest has even died down here in the forum it seems.
So who's in it for the long haul? I definitely am (and so is a taxi driver I know named Sinbad. He drives at night and I see him when I'm out walking. He even has a customer that makes him drive around to play the game!)

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: Is 'mon slowing down?

I don't play as much as I used but I still play. Work has just been busier and I've been working some overtime and that's been cutting my time down a lot.

Ron7624

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site

So I heard on you tube that an update with the buddy system has been released. I love to be wrong about things like this. The report stated that Android devices already can get it... maybe but that iOS is still waiting for the app store to approve.
So it will be sooner rather than later as I stated in the original post in this thread.

Rafagon

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site

So I heard on you tube that an update with the buddy system has been released. I love to be wrong about things like this. The report stated that Android devices already can get it... maybe but that iOS is still waiting for the app store to approve.
So it will be sooner rather than later as I stated in the original post in this thread.

I read an article online on another site (I’ll PM you the link) that says that Pok?mon 0.37.0 for android *and* 1.7.0 for iOS had both been released. That article was published on Saturday yet it was dated yesterday.

And I just read in a different article (will also PM the link) that the iOS version is “expected today.”

On a separate note, I just looked on my Pok?mon GO Settings screen and noticed something peculiar: at the bottom right corner of the screen is the app’s version number; however, instead of 1.5.0 as it should be for iOS, it reads 0.35.0, which is supposed to be the Android version!

Ron7624

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site

I am getting edgy. I want that stinkin' update now lol
Hope it comes soon, I really need some Charmander candy!
The numbering thing... what they call it is different than what displays on the device. The version number on my iOS phone shows 0.35.0 and has since the last update because that is the first time I ever looked for the version number.
I looked at the PG facebook page and man.. a lot of people are giving Niantic a hard time as this new update won't go on a rooted android device. Niantic is trying to stop cheating and has dealt a blow to the honest folks that have to root their phone for valid reasons.
I really feel for our android brothers and I love iOS and its powerful simplicity.

Rafagon

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site

I am getting edgy. I want that stinkin' update now lol
Hope it comes soon, I really need some Charmander candy!
The numbering thing... what they call it is different than what displays on the device. The version number on my iOS phone shows 0.35.0 and has since the last update because that is the first time I ever looked for the version number.
I looked at the PG facebook page and man.. a lot of people are giving Niantic a hard time as this new update won't go on a rooted android device. Niantic is trying to stop cheating and has dealt a blow to the honest folks that have to root their phone for valid reasons.
I really feel for our android brothers and I love iOS and its powerful simplicity.

Oh wow! I know it sucks for the people with honest reasons to root their ‘droids or jailbreak their iPhones, but at least one guy on a different forum said he stopped playing the game when he reached level 15 because “everyone was cheating and had made the game no fun.” … And i’m willing to bet there are thousands of others like him. Heck, I would be very pissed if all the gyms in my neighborhood became undefeatable because I knew my neighbors had gotten Pok?mon in an illegitimate fashion. Luckily, that does not seem to be the case at this point...

So Niantic does have an understandable reason for doing that.

Last edited:

Ron7624

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site

Very strange occurrence just now. I got an email saying it was a reply to this thread and it was advertising the sale of complete Pokémon GO accounts of through level 15 with many Pokémon and theoretically many rare Pokémon included. How weird! Who the heck would want to buy a level 15 game? I mean where is the fun in that? The fun is catching all the Pokémon! Man, people will sell anything.

Rafagon

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site

Very strange occurrence just now. I got an email saying it was a reply to this thread and it was advertising the sale of complete Pokémon GO accounts of through level 15 with many Pokémon and theoretically many rare Pokémon included. How weird! Who the heck would want to buy a level 15 game? I mean where is the fun in that? The fun is catching all the Pokémon! Man, people will sell anything.

It made it to your e-mail, but I’m guessing if it’s missing from here it’s because the mods promptly deleted the post and banished the offending user. Kudos to them!

armimatos

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

As with all things, the new wears off and things slow down a bit. I'm on level 29 and it's hard to just keep catching pidgey and ratattas to get XP but if you don't, you won't level up. My motivation is to get to 30 but I'm 340,000 xp away and that's a lot of stinking pidgeys lol.
The buddy system will bring some life back into the game if they implement it soon, bit it looks like it's a month away or more from what I read. Trading should be in the same update. Maybe that's why it's taking so long.
I am still gung ho, but the interest has even died down here in the forum it seems.
So who's in it for the long haul? I definitely am (and so is a taxi driver I know named Sinbad. He drives at night and I see him when I'm out walking. He even has a customer that makes him drive around to play the game!)

I'm level 25 and I feel just like you lol. I need an big update to get some motivation

Ron7624

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site

The iOS 10 update is available tomorrow. Hopefully Apple folks will get to download the updated Pokemon Go update as well. I'm getting tired of waiting :(

Ron7624

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site

It made it to your e-mail, but I’m guessing if it’s missing from here it’s because the mods promptly deleted the post and banished the offending user. Kudos to them!

Agreed.
I have seen about 30 such claims to give free coins and have never followed the links. "if it sounds too good to be true..." I figure it's a phishing scam or a virus laden something.

Ron7624

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site

Today is September 23. On September 11 I created the original post stating that I had just made level 29. Yesterday I finally got to level 30. Boy that took a lot of walking, Catching Pok?mon and evolving piggies. Now that I'm there it's no big deal and I don't feel a need to get to 31 like I did to get to 30.
I am 500,000 XP's away LOL

Rafagon

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site

Congrats on your big 30, man! So how much weight have you lost in the process? Playing this game is better than being on the Atkins diet!

Ron7624

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site

Congrats on your big 30, man! So how much weight have you lost in the process? Playing this game is better than being on the Atkins diet!
Dealing with the question of weight loss - since January I have lost 50 pounds. But since Pok?mon go I have been able to eat whatever I want and maintain my weight which is saying a lot. I have lost all the weight that I want to or need to. But I was not able to eat food that I loved and keep it off as easily as I can now thanks to Pok?mon GO.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
as with all games, the 'honeymoon' phase wears off and you stop playing as much. Many of my friends still have the game installed but its now down to once a week of play time. There just hasn't been any new additions like battling each other or possibly dealing of new Pokemon.

Ron7624

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sure the dev's are racking their brain on how to keep the interest up, but just like the popularity of the game, it is hard to anticipate. Who knew? So they also have the bean counters demanding that the in app purchases are not hurt while giving players new incentives. So there's that...
I will continue to play the game, but not at the feverish pace that I had been playing at. I do hope the trading promise and the ability to battle other trainers get here soon. That will bring some interest back for sure.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I still play but not much. I've been on 22 for weeks. The game has lost a lot of steam. They should allow trading or something new for us to get Pok?mon we don't have. I don't like catching the same ones over and over and over but need to if I want to level up. It's getting kinda stale for me for sure.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2