Ask me about Pok?mon Go!

Rafagon

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
I think the answer to this is going to be “No,” but I’ll ask anyways, because I have been known to miss stuff that’s right in front of my face on occasion. :D

When walking around, is there a way to get the map to automatically rotate in such a way that whichever direction I’m walking towards is the one shown ahead of my avatar? In other words, I don’t want to be walking north and whatever was south is displayed as though I were still going south.

I know how to rotate it manually, of course, but I wanted to see if it was possible to automate the process.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I think the answer to this is going to be ?No,? but I?ll ask anyways, because I have been known to miss stuff that?s right in front of my face on occasion. :D

When walking around, is there a way to get the map to automatically rotate in such a way that whichever direction I?m walking towards is the one shown ahead of my avatar? In other words, I don?t want to be walking north and whatever was south is displayed as though I were still going south.

I know how to rotate it manually, of course, but I wanted to see if it was possible to automate the process.

It's a little sketchy, however if you tap the compass icon the map should rotate as you rotate your phone.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so I have a Pok?mon with, let's say 758 (vaporeon) I've seen some with at least 1k CP. How do I get mine to go higher?

Training at the gym only gets the gym to a higher level. How do you train your pokemon so they get stronger?

As you level higher you will find Pok?mon with higher CP's, you can also use your stardust and candy to level up your Pok?mon. To do that you select the Pok?mon and right under evolve is level up. The higher the CP of the Pok?mon the more stardust and candy you will have to use to power up.

Ron7624

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
If I have several hi CP Pok?mon, how do I tell which is the best to evolve?
I had several with similar CP so I chose the one that had the highest stats and weighed the most. When it evolved, it was tiny. Also it stats were no longer impressive.
So if I'm involving for a rare Pok?mon how do I pick?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
If I have several hi CP Pok?mon, how do I tell which is the best to evolve?
I had several with similar CP so I chose the one that had the highest stats and weighed the most. When it evolved, it was tiny. Also it stats were no longer impressive.
So if I'm involving for a rare Pok?mon how do I pick?

Only height and weight change with evolution. You will need to use the new Appraise feature to determine which of the duplicates you want to evolve.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
If the app is minimized but running , will it still count the number of kilometres you walked?

Unfortunately not, the app must be open for that to work. The battery saver mode dims the screen though while the app is running and the phone is turn down to be in a pocket. Your phone will also vibrate when a wild Pok?mon appears.

Ron7624

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
This may be a hard one... I'm attaching a screenshot. Look at the background if the Krabby's. 2 have a bluefish background and 2 have white? Does that signify anything. It is mixed like that with a lot of other Pokemon as well.
e771c4084165d68e8d12edbd36344967.jpg

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I don't believe it effects anything. I haven't noticed anything to indicate it does anyway. My best guess is you caught those two near water and the others not near enough to water.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

Ron7624

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
When I get to a gym and start to challenge it, my Pok?mon have already been chosen by the app. It is different at every gym and since I don't know what beats what... I go with what the app has chosen normally. It seems appropriate because I almost always win. Is the app choosing my best guys for me?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
When I get to a gym and start to challenge it, my Pok?mon have already been chosen by the app. It is different at every gym and since I don't know what beats what... I go with what the app has chosen normally. It seems appropriate because I almost always win. Is the app choosing my best guys for me?

I'll look into that, next time I'm around a few gyms. I never really paid attention as I always changed them to my highest CP anyway. My Vaporeon was always able to take most anything down on its own.

Ron7624

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
This has to do with evolving. I'm Team Instinct - for my Pokemon to have upper IV, my trainer has to say * ?Overall, your (Pokemon) looks like it can really battle with the best of them!*? IV 81% to 100%
I have a few that say that but their size is XS. Should I wait till I capture one that is normal or bigger in size before I evolve? Does size matter?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
This has to do with evolving. I'm Team Instinct - for my Pokemon to have upper IV, my trainer has to say * ?Overall, your (Pokemon) looks like it can really battle with the best of them!*? IV 81% to 100%
I have a few that say that but their size is XS. Should I wait till I capture one that is normal or bigger in size before I evolve? Does size matter?

No, size doesn't matter, it can and usually does change with evolution. I've had XL XL Pok?mon evolve into an XS XS Pok?mon.

Rafagon

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
Mr. @metllicamilitia:

I have owned my first gym. Couple of questions though. If another team tries to take over the gym and they hurt my Pok?mon, is there a way to heal him with potions while he’s still there defending the gym? I see that he’s still listed in my list of Pok?mon. So I’m assuming just heal him as usual with potions?

Also, will I be able to tell if my Pok?mon has been hurt in battle? Should I check on him every couple of hours? Or every single hour? Is there a strategic way to do this?

Update: Another question has entered my mind. Now that my Vaporeon is stationed there, am I still able to engage in a friendly battle with that gym I own to raise its prestige? I could go and find out by trying, but it's a decent walk away and the answer to this question will help me decide if I need to go back tonight.

Thank you kindly, Sir.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR