Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes
    iMore Intermediate

Default Re: Ask me about Pokmon Go!

Man, am i dense lol. I collect as soon as I can. I see now, don't collect till you get a few placed. Yeah, it does sound like a gamble but totally worth it. Thanks for that!
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    303 Global Posts

With the appraisal feature are IV's more important than CP?
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #53  
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    2,643 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pooar View Post
    With the appraisal feature are IV's more important than CP?
    IV's are hidden value points that determine the overall max strength of a Pokmon. If you take identical Pokmon that only have differing IV's, the stats will be different. More IV's in HP will garner a higher HP than those that don't. More IV's in defense makes them harder to defeat, and more IV's in attack make them hit harder. I'm not sure if the attack IV's affect CP or not. In the case of Pokmon Go you're looking for max IV's all around for the strongest all around Pokmon of that type.
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    303 Global Posts

I assume that cp is the equivalent of pokemon level.
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #55  
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    2,643 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pooar View Post
    I assume that cp is the equivalent of pokemon level.
    Yes and no, the max CP does increase as you level up Pokmon, but it is not directly related to the level of the Pokmon. Pokmon levels range from 1-100. Max CP ranges into the 3,000's.
    iMore Intermediate

I can't figure out to create a spot in a friendly gym to join it. Sometimes the icon is visible in the lower left part of the screen and you can just join. But when it's not there, I figured if you battle and win, then a spot opens up, but I've not been able to do that. What am I missing @metllicmilitia ?
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #57  
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    2,643 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ron7624 View Post
    I can't figure out to create a spot in a friendly gym to join it. Sometimes the icon is visible in the lower left part of the screen and you can just join. But when it's not there, I figured if you battle and win, then a spot opens up, but I've not been able to do that. What am I missing @metllicmilitia ?
    You have to battle until the gym prestige reaches the next level. You'll see that at the gym too when select it. How many prestige points it has.
    Ron7624 likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    279 Global Posts

Mr. @metllicmilitia,

I just had a strange experience. I stopped by the gym near my place to see if an attempt to take it over would be feasible. And it was… It had only one single defender, a Cloyster. I fought and easily defeated him.

Then I went to place one of my guys there to defend the gym, obviously. However, I was shocked that it did not let me choose any of my most powerful Pokmon.

Here are my top Pokmon (first screenful):

-img_2650.jpg

And here are the ones I was allowed to choose from (first screenful):

-img_2649.jpg

Any idea why this happened?
    Last edited by Rafagon; 09-15-2016 at 05:29 PM.
  9. Thread AuthorThread Author   #59  
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    2,643 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rafagon View Post
    Mr. @metllicmilitia,

I just had a strange experience. I stopped by the gym near my place to see if an attempt to take it over would be feasible. And it was It had only one single defender, a Cloyster. I fought and easily defeated him.

Then I went to place one of my guys there to defend the gym, obviously. However, I was shocked that it did not let me choose any of my most powerful Pokmon.

Here are my top Pokmon (first screenful):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2650.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	157.8 KB 
ID:	111591

And here are the ones I was allowed to choose from (first screenful):

Name:	IMG_2649.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	153.8 KB 
ID:	111592

Any idea why this happened?
    Well, I'm not sure if it'll let you place a buddy Pokmon in the gym, as for the others it's probably a bug, I've had it happen to and I'm not sure why. It sounds like a bug to me though. Maybe the game thought they were still in a gym battle.
    Rafagon likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    279 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by metllicamilitia View Post
    Well, I'm not sure if it'll let you place a buddy Pokmon in the gym, as for the others it's probably a bug, I've had it happen to and I'm not sure why. It sounds like a bug to me though. Maybe the game thought they were still in a gym battle.
    Aha! I figured it out—well, actually, I started poking around the internet and found an answer. They were not fully healed from a previous battle, that’s why I couldn’t choose them. That health bar for those top three Pokmon (which looks pretty full to the naked eye) actually wasn’t 100% full. Maybe if they made a partially complete health bar a slightly different shade of green it would be easier for human eyes to spot. But I know that selecting any potion would have shown me any Pokmon that could use it—I should’ve tried that.

Luckily my Pinsir got some reinforcements: three other Blue trainers have joined to help defend that gym.
    Ron7624 likes this.
    iMore Newbie

Can Pokemon be play on other device that is not iPhone products ?
  12. Thread AuthorThread Author   #62  
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    2,643 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bayzero View Post
    Can Pokemon be play on other device that is not iPhone products ?
    Pokmon Go is also available on Android.
    iMore Newbie

Where to find lapras in San Francisco, CA? Or can I hatch it from an egg in what KM? I tried 10km. But I always got Pidgey, Ratatas, Ekans, Magikarp, and a Pinsir with a low CP. Hope you'd answer.
  14. Thread AuthorThread Author   #64  
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    2,643 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by James Barrios View Post
    Where to find lapras in San Francisco, CA? Or can I hatch it from an egg in what KM? I tried 10km. But I always got Pidgey, Ratatas, Ekans, Magikarp, and a Pinsir with a low CP. Hope you'd answer.
    Lapras can be found near water, like beaches, you can try Beach Chalet and Ocean Beach. And yes, Lapras can be hatched from 10km eggs.
    iMore Intermediate

I figured instead of flooding the Pokmon Go page and Q&A page with Pokmon Go questions, you can ask me, I'll gladly answer any questions you may have.
    I can't remember the source, but it was said somewhere that it takes a minute to update the distance within the app for hatching eggs. Then I heard 4 minutes. Do you know how long the app takes? I am loosing distance by walking a mile long path, then turning to go back. So I guess my question is, how long should I wait at the end of the path before I start back? Like I mentioned, I've heard one minute, 4 min and 10 min. I would hate o have to wait 10 minutes, but I guess I could transfer duplicates for candy while I wait.
    iMore Pro

No !
  17. Thread AuthorThread Author   #67  
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    2,643 Global Posts

I can't remember the source, but it was said somewhere that it takes a minute to update the distance within the app for hatching eggs. Then I heard 4 minutes. Do you know how long the app takes? I am loosing distance by walking a mile long path, then turning to go back. So I guess my question is, how long should I wait at the end of the path before I start back? Like I mentioned, I've heard one minute, 4 min and 10 min. I would hate o have to wait 10 minutes, but I guess I could transfer duplicates for candy while I wait.
    I actually don't know either, I've heard numerous reports of what it is, I saw it update roughly every five minutes. My best guess would be five minutes.
    Ron7624 likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    279 Global Posts

Metllicamilitia,

I have noticed that when going over a body of water, the yellow outline of the road flashes erratically (the part that flashes is indicated by the arrows in the screenshot below). It looks like a bug, but it has been doing that for the longest time, so maybe it's a feature. Are you familiar with this phenomenon, and would you know the cause?

-img_1475464279.003826.jpg
  19. Thread AuthorThread Author   #69  
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    2,643 Global Posts

Metllicamilitia,

I have noticed that when going over a body of water, the yellow outline of the road flashes erratically (the part that flashes is indicated by the arrows in the screenshot below). It looks like a bug, but it has been doing that for the longest time, so maybe it's a feature. Are you familiar with this phenomenon, and would you know the cause?

Name:	IMG_1475464279.003826.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	262.1 KB 
ID:	112598
    Yeah I see that too, I would call it a bug though I don't think it's high on the priority list as it doesn't affect game play.
    Rafagon likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

I figured instead of flooding the Pokmon Go page and Q&A page with Pokmon Go questions, you can ask me, I'll gladly answer any questions you may have.
    I can't quite figure this one out.
    Why is it that when your Team Leader gives an eval (Instinct) stating that your Pokemon can really battle with the best of them, meaning he has an iv of 80 to 100, that (sometimes) his moves are very poor and weak? Then a different eval can say the Pokemon is really strong (60 to 80) but HIS moves are fantastic and way, way stronger than your perfect 'mon.
    I am very confused by this.
    Some of my weaker guy do much better in battle at a gym than my perfect guy.
  21. Thread AuthorThread Author   #71  
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    2,643 Global Posts

I can't quite figure this one out.
    Why is it that when your Team Leader gives an eval (Instinct) stating that your Pokemon can really battle with the best of them, meaning he has an iv of 80 to 100, that (sometimes) his moves are very poor and weak? Then a different eval can say the Pokemon is really strong (60 to 80) but HIS moves are fantastic and way, way stronger than your perfect 'mon.
    I am very confused by this.
    Some of my weaker guy do much better in battle at a gym than my perfect guy.
    Battling with the best of them are the highest IV's. The actual attack power can vary based off the attacks the Pokmon has. However what you're looking for realistically is for him to say he can battle with the best of them, then hear him call out stats. If he doesn't call out the stat then it's not nearly maxed out for that range. So a Pokmon that can battle with the best of them and attack isn't called out could in theory be weaker than a Pokmon being really strong with attack being called out as a top stat.
    Ron7624 likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    279 Global Posts

Yeah I see that too, I would call it a bug though I don't think it's high on the priority list as it doesn't affect game play.
    I had this crazy thought that it was a feature designed to help you be aware that you’re surrounded by water and the flashing edges were meant to keep you from falling into the water… LOL!!

Just Niantic covering their ΑΣΣ...
    Last edited by Rafagon; 10-03-2016 at 09:37 PM.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    279 Global Posts

Default Ask me about Pokmon Go!

Hi metllicamilitia! I have never used the Pidgey Spam Calculator before (https://pokeassistant.com/main/pidgeyspam), but I plan to do so before my next mass evolution. My question is, when I input the number of Pidgeys that I have, should I count the Pidgeottos as Pidgeys? Or should those be calculated separately?

Secondly, should I be Transferring the evolutions as I evolve? It appears that doing so grants more XP.

Thank you so much for your continuing assistance. We are very lucky to have you around to help us!!
  24. Thread AuthorThread Author   #74  
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    2,643 Global Posts

Hi metllicamilitia! I have never used the Pidgey Spam Calculator before (https://pokeassistant.com/main/pidgeyspam), but I plan to do so before my next mass evolution. My question is, when I input the number of Pidgeys that I have, should I count the Pidgeottos as Pidgeys? Or should those be calculated separately?

Secondly, should I be Transferring the evolutions as I evolve? It appears that doing so grants more XP.

Thank you so much for your continuing assistance. We are very lucky to have you around to help us!!
    Never seen that calculator before, however the answers are easy. No, don't count pidgeotto as pidgey, not for that calculator. Transferring does not grant any XP, only the one candy for that Pokmon.
    Rafagon likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Not sure how to ask...
    Say I have 2 exeggcute with the appx the same cp. they both have Confusion15 and Psychic 55 as their shown attacks. But the appraisals are very different. One says 'can battle with the best of them' and the other says 'is pretty decent'
    doesnt the power of the attacks figure in with their appraisal? How can they be so different?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast