Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    5,984 Global Posts

Default Re: Ask me about Pokémon Go!

If the app is minimized but running , will it still count the number of kilometres you walked?
  2. Thread AuthorThread Author   #27  
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    2,631 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pttptppt View Post
    If the app is minimized but running , will it still count the number of kilometres you walked?
    Unfortunately not, the app must be open for that to work. The battery saver mode dims the screen though while the app is running and the phone is turn down to be in a pocket. Your phone will also vibrate when a wild Pokémon appears.
    iMore Intermediate

This may be a hard one... I'm attaching a screenshot. Look at the background if the Krabby's. 2 have a bluefish background and 2 have white? Does that signify anything. It is mixed like that with a lot of other Pokemon as well.
    iMore Intermediate

Not bluefish, but blueish. My autocorrect tried to do that again lol
    iMore Nanite

Is there any way to get an egg out of the incubator once it is in one? I accidentally put a 2 km egg in my breakable.
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #31  
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    2,631 Global Posts

I don't believe it effects anything. I haven't noticed anything to indicate it does anyway. My best guess is you caught those two near water and the others not near enough to water.
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #32  
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    2,631 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by korlafuth View Post
    Is there any way to get an egg out of the incubator once it is in one? I accidentally put a 2 km egg in my breakable.
    Unfortunately not.
  8. Thread AuthorThread Author   #33  
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    2,631 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ron7624 View Post
    This may be a hard one... I'm attaching a screenshot. Look at the background if the Krabby's. 2 have a bluefish background and 2 have white? Does that signify anything. It is mixed like that with a lot of other Pokemon as well.http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...bd36344967.jpg
    I don't believe it effects anything, I haven't noticed. My best guess is you caught those two near water and the others not near enough to water.
    Ron7624 likes this.
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    303 Global Posts

I'm Lvl 16, is it ok to hatch 10 km eggs at lower levels or should i wait til I get to lvl 20 to get a higher cp?
    iMore Intermediate

When I get to a gym and start to challenge it, my Pokémon have already been chosen by the app. It is different at every gym and since I don't know what beats what... I go with what the app has chosen normally. It seems appropriate because I almost always win. Is the app choosing my best guys for me?
  11. Thread AuthorThread Author   #36  
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    2,631 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pooar View Post
    I'm Lvl 16, is it ok to hatch 10 km eggs at lower levels or should i wait til I get to lvl 20 to get a higher cp?
    To the best of my knowledge it's all random, and eggs are easy enough to come by at PokéStop's that you can hatch them whenever you want.
  12. Thread AuthorThread Author   #37  
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    2,631 Global Posts

When I get to a gym and start to challenge it, my Pokémon have already been chosen by the app. It is different at every gym and since I don't know what beats what... I go with what the app has chosen normally. It seems appropriate because I almost always win. Is the app choosing my best guys for me?
    I'll look into that, next time I'm around a few gyms. I never really paid attention as I always changed them to my highest CP anyway. My Vaporeon was always able to take most anything down on its own.
    Ron7624 and Rafagon like this.
    iMore Intermediate

This has to do with evolving. I'm Team Instinct - for my Pokemon to have upper IV, my trainer has to say * “Overall, your (Pokemon) looks like it can really battle with the best of them!*— IV 81% to 100%
    I have a few that say that but their size is XS. Should I wait till I capture one that is normal or bigger in size before I evolve? Does size matter?
    Rafagon likes this.
  14. Thread AuthorThread Author   #39  
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    2,631 Global Posts

This has to do with evolving. I'm Team Instinct - for my Pokemon to have upper IV, my trainer has to say * “Overall, your (Pokemon) looks like it can really battle with the best of them!*— IV 81% to 100%
    I have a few that say that but their size is XS. Should I wait till I capture one that is normal or bigger in size before I evolve? Does size matter?
    No, size doesn't matter, it can and usually does change with evolution. I've had XL XL Pokémon evolve into an XS XS Pokémon.
    Ron7624 likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    278 Global Posts

Mr. @metllicamilitia:

I have owned my first gym. Couple of questions though. If another team tries to take over the gym and they hurt my Pokémon, is there a way to heal him with potions while he’s still there defending the gym? I see that he’s still listed in my list of Pokémon. So I’m assuming just heal him as usual with potions?

Also, will I be able to tell if my Pokémon has been hurt in battle? Should I check on him every couple of hours? Or every single hour? Is there a strategic way to do this?

Update: Another question has entered my mind. Now that my Vaporeon is stationed there, am I still able to engage in a friendly battle with that gym I own to raise its prestige? I could go and find out by trying, but it's a decent walk away and the answer to this question will help me decide if I need to go back tonight.

Thank you kindly, Sir.
    Last edited by Rafagon; 10-14-2016 at 08:56 PM.
  16. Thread AuthorThread Author   #41  
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    2,631 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rafagon View Post
    Mr. @metllicamilitia:

I have owned my first gym. Couple of questions though. If another team tries to take over the gym and they hurt my Pokémon, is there a way to heal him with potions while he’s still there defending the gym? I see that he’s still listed in my list of Pokémon. So I’m assuming just heal him as usual with potions?

Also, will I be able to tell if my Pokémon has been hurt in battle? Should I check on him every couple of hours? Or every single hour? Is there a strategic way to do this?

IUpdate: Another question has entered my mind. Now that my Vaporeon is stationed there, am I still able to engage in a friendly battle with that gym I own to raise its prestige? I could go and find out by trying, but it's a decent walk away and the answer to this question will help me decide if I need to go back tonight.

Thank you kindly, Sir.
    Pokémon are automatically healed after winning battles in the gym. You will get him back to use wherever after he has been removed from the gym and then you will need to heal him. You can train at that gym with other Pokémon you have to raise prestige, however while your Pokémon is in the gym it stays there until it is removed.
    Rafagon likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    278 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by metllicamilitia View Post
    Pokémon are automatically healed after winning battles in the gym. You will get him back to use wherever after he has been removed from the gym and then you will need to heal him. You can train at that gym with other Pokémon you have to raise prestige, however while your Pokémon is in the gym it stays there until it is removed.
    I'm sorry to get so technical, but after what you told me, I'm wondering...

If I train at that gym with my other Pokémon and my other Pokémon defeat all three Pokémon currently stationed there, does that hurt the gym's prestige?

Or will the gym's prestige be raised regardless of the outcome of the training/battles that I fight there with my other Pokémon?
  18. Thread AuthorThread Author   #43  
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    2,631 Global Posts

If I train at that gym with my other Pokémon and my other Pokémon defeat all three Pokémon currently stationed there, does that hurt prestige?

Or will the prestige be raised regardless of the outcome of the training/battles?
    The more Pokémon you defeat while training, the more prestige your gym will earn. While training you can only raise prestige, likewise while battling opposing gyms you can only decrease prestige.
    Rafagon likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    278 Global Posts

Thank you very much! You are extremely helpful!
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    278 Global Posts

The more Pokémon you defeat while training, the more prestige your gym will earn. While training you can only raise prestige, likewise while battling opposing gyms you can only decrease prestige.
    I don't know if I did something wrong, or perhaps I'm misinterpreting what I'm looking at. I went to the gym I had owned earlier today to train with my gymmates. There were three of us total before I began the fight. I fought, I defeated one of my gymmates, and afterwards, there were only two of us, and the gym's prestige had declined. Here are before and after screenshots.

-img_2457.jpg -img_2458.jpg

Based on what you told me, my training with my own gymmates should not have removed him from the Defenders roster, even if I defeated him... but it appears that it might have. Could it have?

Unfortunately, I cannot say with certainty that the Pokémon which was removed was the one I defeated; therefore, the other possibility is that someone from an opposing team also stepped in and also defeated one of my gymmates at the same time that I was sparring with my gymmates.

In any case, soon thereafter an opposing color took over the gym; I went to another nearby gym and took that one over.

Yes, I had a lot of potions on me. Might as well put them to use!
  21. Thread AuthorThread Author   #46  
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    2,631 Global Posts

I don't know if I did something wrong, or perhaps I'm misinterpreting what I'm looking at. I went to the gym I had owned earlier today to train with my gymmates. There were three of us total before I began the fight. I fought, I defeated one of my gymmates, and afterwards, there were only two of us, and the gym's prestige had declined. Here are before and after screenshots.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2457.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	171.5 KB 
ID:	110870 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2458.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	167.2 KB 
ID:	110871

Based on what you told me, my training with my own gymmates should not have removed him from the Defenders roster, even if I defeated him... but it appears that it might have. Could it have?

Unfortunately, I cannot say with certainty that the one which was removed was the one I defeated; therefore, the other possibility is that someone from an opposing team also stepped in and also defeated one of my gymmates at the same time that I was sparring with my gymmates.

In any case, soon thereafter an opposing color took over the gym; I went to another nearby gym and took that one over.

Yes, I had a lot of potions on me. Might as well put them to use!
    Yes, unfortunately an opposing team was battling your gym at the same time and you can decrease prestige far faster than you can raise it.
    Rafagon likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    278 Global Posts

Yes, unfortunately an opposing team was battling your gym at the same time and you can decrease prestige far faster than you can raise it.
    Gotcha! Thanks again!

I noticed, much to my chagrin, that when I took over the second gym and tried to collect my Defender Bonus for that gym that the counter from the first gym takeover I achieved earlier today still applies. So even though I've owned a different gym, I still have to wait the 21 hours starting from the previous gym takeover to collect another Defender Bonus!

Damn cheapskates!!

Quote Originally Posted by comiken205 View Post
    Ok, so I have a Pokémon with, let's say 758 (vaporeon) I've seen some with at least 1k CP. How do I get mine to go higher?

Training at the gym only gets the gym to a higher level. How do you train your pokemon so they get stronger?
    Go to your Pokémon's page and choose the "power up" button. Also, higher level Pokémon will evolve higher, so when transferring Pokémon to the professor, always transfer the weakest.
    iMore Intermediate

I figured instead of flooding the Pokémon Go page and Q&A page with Pokémon Go questions, you can ask me, I'll gladly answer any questions you may have.
    I have taken over a gym and left a guy and collected my coins and stardust. So, If I leave a Pokemon in a friendly gym alittle later and it stays for 21 hours, I get to collect again. What if I forget? Will the goodies wait for me to collect if we loose the gym after that time period?
  25. Thread AuthorThread Author   #50  
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    2,631 Global Posts

I have taken over a gym and left a guy and collected my coins and stardust. So, If I leave a Pokemon in a friendly gym alittle later and it stays for 21 hours, I get to collect again. What if I forget? Will the goodies wait for me to collect if we loose the gym after that time period?
    You can only collect defender bonuses while you have a Pokémon in a gym. The real gamble is how many gyms you can take over before collecting. You get 10 Pokécoins and 500 stardust per gym you are defending up to 10 gyms, giving you a total of 100 Pokécoins and 5,000 stardust you can collect every 21 hours.
    Ron7624 likes this.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast