- iMore Nanite
- 1 Posts
Pokémon GO : CP Math?
I am just about to hit level 22. I have not evolved any of my worthwhile Pokémon. I want to catch a few at this level and power them up. I did powered up a Pokémon, a Tauros, only once. This is new for me.
How does the math work for Star Dust, Candy, the max per player XP level, and the resulting CP?
I can evolve 8-9 Eevees, but then would not be able to boost them further. I'm trying to balance getting some decent Pokémon now, yet save some for candy for later. I have about 1/8 million star dust. I feel comfortable using a good bit of that.
I would love to see an advanced CP article at iMore. :D
- 08-12-2016, 08:03 AM #2
Re: Pokémon GO : CP Math?
The problem with CP math, it's the same issue as the meta game on the cartridge games. Not only does math start to get complicated on a Pokémon by Pokémon basis, you complicate it further by adding to that the level of the trainer. And I've also read that Pokémon GO also utilizes hidden values like the cartridge game which can greatly change the max CP of any one Pokémon. I don't know how true it is, however it does seem likely and would therefore exponentially complicate the math. Not to mention someone would have to figure out how to calculate those hidden values, and I haven't seen where anyone has done that yet.
- By Rafagon in forum Pokemon GoReplies: 16Last Post: 08-14-2016, 12:44 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-12-2016, 12:15 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 08-10-2016, 04:10 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 08-10-2016, 08:12 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 08-09-2016, 04:12 PM