Share with us your most powerful Pok?mon!

Rafagon

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
I?m sharing just my first screenful woth of Pok?mon, but if you?d like, you?re welome to share more than one screenful and stitch them together using an app like Tailor - Automatic Screenshot Stitching. (Disclaimer: I am not the developer of that app nor am in any way affiliated with the company that makes it).

Without further ado, here are my most powerful Pok?mon as of 12:50 PM on Saturday, July 30th, 2016 (EDT):

IMG_2003.jpg

The last three Pok?mon whose names were cut off were CP 138 (Raticate), CP 131 (Exeggcute), and CP 118 (Spearow).

Share yours below! :cool:

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
This are my current top CP Pok?mon. I'm also saving up Pidgey and Rattata to make use of the lucky eggs I have, I also have three eggs that will be ready to hatch soon enough.

8ef0507d0a2bcf5fc95eb332da1fc99f.png

Rafagon

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
I’ve got another question for you, Mr. @metllicamilitia. And I’m sorry to trouble you with so many questions!

You see my top 5 Pok?mon up there on my first post in this thread?

I have 1 Vaporeon, 2 Pidgeot, and 2 Raticate.

The 2 Pidgeot are already at their third and final level of evolution; they cannot be evolved any further (same with the 2 Raticate).

In other words, my 2 Pidgeot have evolved from Pidgey to Pidgeotto to Pidgeot.

So—do I keep BOTH Pidgeots even though they are duplicates? I see absolutely no reason to trade even the lower-CP Pidgeot to the Professor, since neither can evolve any further no matter how much more Pidgey Candy the Professor gives me. Is this a valid assumption, or is it wasteful and/or pointless to have more than one of the same exact fully evolved (level 3) Pok?mon?

I have a Pidgeotto—should I work on evolving my him to Pidgeot, therefore eventually leaving me with 3 of the same fully-evolved Pidgeots?

It was recommended to me by another forum member here (thank you @John Yester) to “never worry about powering up.” Does this still apply even when I have two or more of the same Pok?mon fully evolved to their third level? Or is this the point at which I should start to worry about Powering Up?

I still haven’t joined a gym, and I’m not in a hurry to do so. I’m having plenty of fun doing what I’m doing right now. And I want to master this part of the game completely before I have to learn the further rules and complications that will almost certainly accompany joining a gym.

-Rafael

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I?ve got another question for you, Mr. @metllicamilitia. And I?m sorry to trouble you with so many questions!

You see my top 5 Pok?mon up there on my first post in this thread?

I have 1 Vaporeon, 2 Pidgeot, and 2 Raticate.

The 2 Pidgeot are already at their third and final level of evolution; they cannot be evolved any further (same with the 2 Raticate).

In other words, my 2 Pidgeot have evolved from Pidgey to Pidgeotto to Pidgeot.

So?do I keep BOTH Pidgeots even though they are duplicates? I see absolutely no reason to trade even the lower-CP Pidgeot to the Professor, since neither can evolve any further no matter how much more Pidgey Candy the Professor gives me. Is this a valid assumption, or is it wasteful and/or pointless to have more than one of the same exact fully evolved (level 3) Pok?mon?

I have a Pidgeotto?should I work on evolving my him to Pidgeot, therefore eventually leaving me with 3 of the same fully-evolved Pidgeots?

It was recommended to me by another forum member here (thank you @John Yester) to ?never worry about powering up.? Does this still apply even when I have two or more of the same Pok?mon fully evolved to their third level? Or is this the point at which I should start to worry about Powering Up?

I still haven?t joined a gym, and I?m not in a hurry to do so. I?m having plenty of fun doing what I?m doing right now. And I want to master this part of the game completely before I have to learn the further rules and complications that will almost certainly accompany joining a gym.

-Rafael

Whether you keep them or not is really up to you. They might have different attacks, I myself just keep one Pok?mon and keep the one with the strongest attacks. As far as powering up, you can wait or do it now. I power up as a I go. In the end I don't think it makes a difference one way or the other. They have a CP max, it's the same for that type of Pok?mon regardless of other stats. I can see waiting because as you level up the CP of the wild Pok?mon will also increase, notice my Charizard, I only powered him up once. So waiting would allow you to find Pok?mon with a higher CP and would then cost less overall to fully power them up.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
and I'm sitting here with a Blackberry 10 device wishing i could play :p

guess I'm going to have to invest in a iPhone 6 or 6s lol #FOMO

Rafagon

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
Whether you keep them or not is really up to you. They might have different attacks.
Different “attacks” huh? I think I need a little bit more help with that term.

Examples:

I have four Raticate.

One has CP 447 and he has Bite/Dark 6 and Dig/Ground 70.
One has CP 408 and he has Bite/Dark 6 and Hyper Beam/Normal 120.
One has CP 375 and he has Bite/Dark 6 and Hyper Fang/Normal 35.
One has CP 18 and he has Bite/Dark 6 and Hyper Fang/Normal 35.

CP means Combat Points, which I assume means something like hit points in D&D; the other stuff, like Bite/Dark and Hyper Fang/Normal, I have no idea what it means. Is that what you mean by “Attacks”?

Surely there’s a website out there for Pok?mon GO dummies like me. What I really need is a Pok?mon GO for Dummies book!

I should add that I’ve never played any incarnation of Pok?mon (but you probably already figured that out) until this Pok?mon GO game came out a few weeks ago, hence my ignorance when it comes to all this stuff.

This is exactly why I haven’t joined a gym yet. I don’t understand and of this “attacks” stuff. I should probably get at least a basic understanding of it before I join a gym.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Different attacks. I think I need a little bit more help with that term.

Examples:

I have four Raticate.

One has CP 447 and he has Bite/Dark 6 and Dig/Ground 70.
One has CP 408 and he has Bite/Dark 6 and Hyper Beam/Normal 120.
One has CP 375 and he has Bite/Dark 6 and Hyper Fang/Normal 35.
One has CP 18 and he has Bite/Dark 6 and Hyper Fang/Normal 35.

CP means Combat Points, which I assume means something like hit points in D&D; the other stuff, like Bite/Dark and Hyper Fang/Normal, I have no idea what it means. Is that what you mean by ?Attacks??

Surely there?s a website out there for Pok?mon GO dummies like me. What I really need is a Pok?mon GO for Dummies book!

I should add that I?ve never played Pok?mon (but you probably already figured that out) until this Pok?mon GO game came out a few weeks ago, hence my ignorance when it comes to all this stuff.

This is exactly why I haven?t joined a gym yet. I don?t understand and of this ?attacks? stuff. I should probably get at least a basic understanding of it before I join a gym.

Yes those are the attacks and the attack strength of those attacks. The normal, dark, etc is the type of that attack. A water attack used against a fire type Pok?mon will be super effective and a water attack used against a water Pok?mon won't be very effective. You can find numerous type charts online to help with that.

Rafagon

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
Thank you kindly, once again. I will definitely need this information when I join a gym. What level should I be before I join a gym?

I found this guide online on joining gyms… do you think it is a good one? It seems lengthy and tedious but I apparently have no choice but to read it and understand it.

I have one basic question that I haven’t found the answer to. Obviously, I need to go to a gym that has a slot open for me. Can I check gym spot availability from my house by tapping on nearby gyms… or do I have to physically walk over to those gyms and see if there is a spot available?

Rafagon

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
Wow, there seems to be a wealth of information on that table. Is there any chance you could provide me with a larger version of that image? I tried saving it to my desktop, but it’s still quite difficult to read. I have tried View > Zoom In on the Safari browser and it’s a little better, but still quite difficult on the eyes. I tried enlarging it using Photoshop (Image > Image Size…) and it was even better, but the headings are still a bit hard to read.

If you cannot find a larger version of it, don’t worry. I think I can make it out enough to create a spreadsheet out of it using whichever font size is easy on my eyes.

Thanks for all the help!! :yes:

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Thank you kindly, once again. I will definitely need this information when I join a gym. What level should I be before I join a gym?

I found this guide online on joining gyms? do you think it is a good one? It seems lengthy and tedious but I apparently have no choice but to read it and understand it.

I have one basic question that I haven?t found the answer to. Obviously, I need to go to a gym that has a slot open for me. Can I check gym spot availability from my house by tapping on nearby gyms? or do I have to physically walk over to those gyms and see if there is a spot available?

You can see it from a distance. There will be circles for Pok?mon slots, if it's filled in it's taken, it's it not filled in it's available. If no open slots are available you can train at the gym to raise the prestige points, you only get points by beating battles at the gym. Once the next tier is unlocked another Pok?mon can be placed there.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2