Why do I have to capture the same Pok?mon twice or three times?

Rafagon

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
I’m still pretty much a novice at Pok?mon GO. I was wondering if someone could tell me why it is that sometimes I seem to capture a wild Pok?mon, and then I have to back and capture him all over again (sometimes twice, sometimes three times). He acts as if he hadn’t been captured at all the first time.

Is this normal?

Does this just mean that it is a harder-to-capture Pok?mon?

Should I expect this phenomenon to keep occurring as I capture higher-level Pok?mon?

Thank you kindly,

Rafagon

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Pok?mon are virtual animals, like real animals you will see many of them around. To know if you've caught the Pok?mon, it will show you that you caught it, however if you aren't sure or forgot whether you caught it you can check your Pok?mon box. That's done by clicking the pokeball in the center bottom of your screen then selecting Pok?mon. That screen is also where you can and should transfer Pok?mon. You transfer Pok?mon, this is a permanent loss of that Pok?mon, so you don't have a huge number duplicates as your Pok?mon storage space is limited. Also when you transfer them you get one candy of that Pok?mon type. The candy is used to power up your Pok?mon and evolve them.

StayClassy101

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
It is natural, as someone referee earlier the virtual Pokemon can be clustered together just as real wild animals may have packs and herds. However, the immediate reappearance has to do with that specific Pokemon spawn point not reaching its countdown timer yet. This is a valuable part of the game since you have to capture more than one of the same type in order to evolve any.

derple

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
The higher your rank goes, the level of catching difficulty increases.

Use razz berries and your strongest balls to catch the higher ranked ones.

Rafagon

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
I mean I’ve actually seen them be captured by the Pok?ball, and before the “Captured” message appears, they “escape” the ball and I have to capture them again. I don’t believe it’s two separate Pok?mon of the same kind: the game makes it look like it was the one that the ball hit and “temporarily” captured got out and I have to catch him again.

Although—who knows—maybe it’s just like StayClassy said: it was a cluster of like Pok?mon.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
The pokeball has to shake three times before a Pok?mon is caught. This gives the wild Pok?mon four chances to escape the pokeball. Once before the first shake, second between the first and second shake, third between the second and third shake, and finally after the third shake. The Pok?mon isn't caught until you hear the latching sound and see the stars around the pokeball.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I mean I?ve actually seen them be captured by the Pok?ball, and before the ?Captured? message appears, they ?escape? the ball and I have to capture them again. I don?t believe it?s two separate Pok?mon of the same kind: the game makes it look like it was the one that the ball hit and ?temporarily? captured got out and I have to catch him again.

Although?who knows?maybe it?s just like StayClassy said: it was a cluster of like Pok?mon.

They do escape. If you've got Razz Berries, toss one before you toss the poke all. It will make the catch easier and less chance of escape.

I do that with my Eevees. They're notorious escape artists and I LOVE them. ❤️

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73