Hi there! Im fairly new to Pokmon GO. Still got a lot to learn. My Pokmon GO username is Rafagon726, currently at level 6.

I have some questions at the moment:

Is there a way to show which gym I belong to?

When I have duplicates or triplicates (or more) of the same Pokmon, should I transfer the one with the lower CP to the Professor?

I read somewhere that I shouldnt transfer any Pokmon to the professor until I actually start running out of slots for Pokmon. Is this true?

Also, do these spotlights (red arrows are mine) do anything, or are they just there to draw attention to the fact that there is a gym there?

How can I know which gym I belong to, and what do these spotlights mean?-spotlights.jpg
    07-25-2016 01:59 PM
    Basically you stock up on Pidgeys (and Weedle, Caterpie, ect.) once you have A LOT (I currently have over 75 and waiting for more) you just use your lucky egg and evolve all of them. You will get 1,000XP instead of 500XP. Transfer the Pideotto and get another candy to continue the process.

So..... Follow this.

1. Transfer all low CP Pokemon you have, regardless of other stats.
    2. Use the resulting candies to evolve my other Pokemon while having an XP egg running
    3. Catch higher level Pokemon.

Repeat.

Oh BTW never use stardust ever until maybe level 30 or 40. You should have around 1,000,000,000

Never worry about powering up, you will catch even higher CP later on in higher levels
    07-25-2016 02:46 PM
    Thank you tremendously for your help!!
    John Yester likes this.
    07-25-2016 03:54 PM
    If you placed a Pokemon in a gym, you'll know, as for the spotlights, they're just a decoration for the gym.
    Rafagon likes this.
    07-29-2016 09:19 AM
    Also, don't forget to keep your Pokemon revived and soon as you take over a gym, you collect your pokecoins as a defender bonus.
    07-29-2016 09:42 AM
    Also, don't forget to keep your Pokemon revived and soon as you take over a gym, you collect your pokecoins as a defender bonus.
    Apparently I did not assign a Pokmon to defend a gym, as tapping on the shield at the Shop tells me that “You need to assign a Pokmon to a Gym to be eligible for a Defender bonus.”

But I am in a team, the blue team (Mystic).

It appears that I have to walk IRL to the location of the gym merely to determine if a slot is available for me. Am I correct?
    07-29-2016 08:32 PM
    if your team currently controls the gym, depending on their reputation you can add your own pokemon to the defending lineup. If there isn't enough rep, you can friendly battle the gym as a challenger(this doesn't diminish your teams control of the gym) and you get exp and build the reputation in fact to add a tier. If it is an opposing team that controls it, you would have to demolish their rep at said gym and then you can put a defending pokemon and become the gym leader. this will entitle you to the defender bonus which gives you pokecoins and stardust.
    07-29-2016 10:31 PM
    I joined a gym with many years ago. The best part was swimming in the pool.
    07-30-2016 12:13 PM