Can Pokemon go be played on an iPad mini? I am not sure if it supports cellular. I have very limited knowledge, especially in regards to electronic devices and their requisite mediums, so please try and "dumb down" your answer(s). Thank you for your patience and courtesy.
    07-24-2016 02:02 AM
  2. StayClassy101 said: Best Answer

If the iPad mini does support cellular then yes, you can play it out of the house as I've read of people playing(I've not personally witnessed it). If it is a Wifi only model, you have 2 choices.
    1.) you play in your house while on wifi using things like Incense(supposedly attracts pokemon to you). I've not been very successful with it.
    2.) you could try thethering your iPad to your mobile device(will use your data and most likely have added on by your carrier- Some carriers like tmobile will give you a separate allotment of data for mobile hotspot usage.)
    hope it helps
    If the iPad mini does support cellular then yes, you can play it out of the house as I've read of people playing(I've not personally witnessed it). If it is a Wifi only model, you have 2 choices.
    1.) you play in your house while on wifi using things like Incense(supposedly attracts pokemon to you). I've not been very successful with it.
    2.) you could try thethering your iPad to your mobile device(will use your data and most likely have added on by your carrier- Some carriers like tmobile will give you a separate allotment of data for mobile hotspot usage.)
    hope it helps
    07-24-2016 02:43 AM
    I was told yesterday at the Apple Store that a wifi only ipad cannot run the game over wifi or a hotspot. I would love to learn of a workaround.
    07-25-2016 07:51 PM
    Pokeman wouldn't work 1st few attempts, kept on saying no gps on my cellular mini. I deleted the app a few times, then it kicked in.
    07-30-2016 01:28 PM
    Yes. I only play on my iPad mini. I have ATT cell service on it and it works great! Level 26 and counting. I just downloaded Pomemon Go from the App Store and started playing.

Good luck!
    08-13-2016 12:03 AM
    I've taken my godkids out Pokmon hunting on iPads. The cellular one was fine. The Wi-Fi one needed to be tethered for data and jumped around to Wi-Fi routers because of how Apple's CoreLocation works.
    08-14-2016 09:37 AM