How much data does Pokemon Go use?

I

iMore Question

I am allowed only 5G of data a month. I have been playing Pokemon Go and I have noticed that my data is already cut in half and I've got 3 more weeks before it resets. Could Pokemon Go be eating my data or could it be something else?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
You'll have plenty. I've used it a lot since my last data reset July 9, and it's only at 142MB. Looking at that, I think that's taken me to nearly level 13. :)

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
You'll have plenty. I've used it a lot since my last data reset July 9, and it's only at 142MB. Looking at that, I think that's taken me to nearly level 13. :)

even people aged 53 are playing this game. Always puts a smile on my face lol

i was actually about to ask the same question about data since i only get 250mb per month. Thanks for the answer!

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
even people aged 53 are playing this game. Always puts a smile on my face lol

i was actually about to ask the same question about data since i only get 250mb per month. Thanks for the answer!

I'm 10 years younger than that
I'm glad it doesn't use a ton.

StayClassy101

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Reports vary based on the phone you use, some people as well as Niantic itself said Pokemon go uses approx .01gb/hr. i would just set Data alerts for your phone to be safe.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Since it's release, I've played it a minimum of 2-4 hours a day, usually just walking and hatching eggs. Last weekend I played all day Saturday and Sunday, so roughly 5-10 hours each day. In that time, I used less than half a gig of data.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Since it's release, I've played it a minimum of 2-4 hours a day, usually just walking and hatching eggs. Last weekend I played all day Saturday and Sunday, so roughly 5-10 hours each day. In that time, I used less than half a gig of data.

Half a gig since the start is just last weekend?

Ron7624

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm 66 and on level 18. ��
I've seen lots of old folks lol playing Pokemon Go
I haven't seen very much data usage on my end, just battery. My data usage is barely up as far as I can tell.
OP, maybe you have been doing something else to get a big hit on your data?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
You can always go to Settings -> Cellular and scroll down to Pok?mon Go to see how much data has been used. That way you'll know if it was the game or something else.

Vikas Dhar

Jul 2, 2016
Visit site
The Pokemon Go consumed just about 17MB of data for our entire 54 minutes of game play and we are just pleased with the data consumption as there is a lot of hype regarding the amount of data used by the game. So I were to play 1 hour every day for 30 days I would use about 510 mb which is less than 1 gig? Did you play the Ingress game more than an hour or did it actually use more data than Pokemon Go

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR