Can I play Pokemon Go while biking or driving?

I

iMore Question

When going to the gyms, is it necessary to get out of my car to train my Pokemon? I don't drive and play but I don't want to have to get out of my car constantly. Also, can I bike instead of walk mature my Pokemon?

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Biking.. Not advisable

Driving. Definitely no unless your the passenger. And you don't have to get out, as long as you are close enough to the stop or gym.

Last edited:

tony bag o donuts

Oct 5, 2005
Visit site
The game suggests speeds of no more than 5 miles per hour, which is a good walking pace. As John said, Driving and Biking are really not advisable as they distract you from riding.
I suggest biking to an area, then walking around. Best of both worlds.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I thought there was not such a thing ad dumb questions. There is one here. Should NEVER be distracted while driving at anytime. Common sense.

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
This is a sad reflection of the mentality of the kind of people who drive cars. It's really time there was a serious crack down on car drivers.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
When going to the gyms, is it necessary to get out of my car to train my Pokemon? I don't drive and play but I don't want to have to get out of my car constantly. Also, can I bike instead of walk mature my Pokemon?

as long as you stop/park while you do it, sure. There's a gym near work I could pull up and park if I wanted to. While driving, no way. Takes too long and you need to pay attention to the phone vs the road which is bad news.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2