Pokemon Bag Full Despite buying and applying coins

MPNEngaged

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
I am on level 16. I kept getting an error message that my bag was full. I successfully purchased 1000 coins (apple sent a receipt); bought more space in the bag. Everytime I go to capture a pokemon I Get the same old "bag full" message. I did log out and power off the phone aeveral times. I can play at gyms and collect at pokestops.

Help!

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I did that. Bought 2200 coins and traded for 50 spaces three times.
Did you buy the Bag Upgrade or the Pokemon Storage Upgrade? Bag Upgrade increases how many items (pokeballs, incense, lucky eggs, etc..) that you can carry. And Pokemon Storage Upgrade allows you to hold more Pokemon.

However, in my experience there's very little need to increase Pokemon Storage. If Pokemon Storage is full, then you're probably hoarding more than you should. At lvl 21, I only have 57 pokemon out of a possible 300 in my storage. Because I transfer and/or evolve when needed. I basically keep 1 of each type, and maybe a 2nd of a few types for evolving later (which gets transferred/replaced should I ever catch one with better stats while stockpiling candies for that particular type).

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Maybe I misunderstood your post, but are you seriously saying you have *paid* for some in app purchase in the Pokemon game? Really?

Wow.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Maybe I misunderstood your post, but are you seriously saying you have *paid* for some in app purchase in the Pokemon game? Really?

Wow.

I'm sure OP is only one of millions of users that have spent money to play the game. It's really up to the individual.

Ron7624

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I've been deleting potions when my bag is full. Be sure to keep the super potions and hyper potions.
Transfer low level duplicate Pokemon's if you can't save new Pokemon's

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I've been deleting potions when my bag is full. Be sure to keep the super potions and hyper potions.
Transfer low level duplicate Pokemon's if you can't save new Pokemon's

I haven't deleted potions, but I've transferred a ton of rattata! Then I'll head to a gym, get knocked around a bunch and use the potions to bring me back.

WildCrd71

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
Help! Lol! I keep trying to capture Pokemon on Pokemon Go- it says I have no Pokeballs when I go to capture them. I did a bag upgrade,
storage upgrade and bought 200 Pokeballs. I have 92 of 400 items in bag and 186 Pokemon of 350 available...it just keeps saying I have no Pokeballs when I try to capture :( Any help would be appreciated! Thanks so much!

Vikas Dhar

Jul 2, 2016
Visit site
Hello guys, Am also a big fan of this game.
The Bag Upgrade lets you store 50 more items (up from a base of 350 items), while the Pok?mon Storage Upgrade adds 50 more slots for keeping the monsters (up from 250 to start).

Ron7624

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
@WildCrd71 - my suggestion would be to delete the app from your device and then reinstall it. That should fix your problem.

Ron7624

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Help! Lol! I keep trying to capture Pokemon on Pokemon Go- it says I have no Pokeballs when I go to capture them. I did a bag upgrade,
storage upgrade and bought 200 Pokeballs. I have 92 of 400 items in bag and 186 Pokemon of 350 available...it just keeps saying I have no Pokeballs when I try to capture :( Any help would be appreciated! Thanks so much!
My Earlier reply is to delete the app and reinstall it. I am sure that it will not lose any of your purchases, so don't be afraid to do that. I have done this two different times since I started the game and I am on level 20. It does not lose any Stuff Hey just fixes the game for you.

WildCrd71

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
Ron- thanks in advance! I just deleted the app and reloaded it. Everything is the same as when I left it. I'm still not able to catch Pokemon because it says I have none. When I go to pokestops I will spin it and then they the stops turn to purple without giving me anything (double checked that on my journal) and then they say come back later. I have 92 of 400 items (none of which are Pokeballs) and I've now transferred all duplicate Pokemon so I'm good there. I did purchase the extra storage and the extra bag space, as well as 200 Pokeballs, but still can't get anything from the pokestops nor do I have any Pokeballs to capture. :(
Any other thoughts since deleting the app and reloading did not work....
Thx again!

Ron7624

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Ron- thanks in advance! I just deleted the app and reloaded it. Everything is the same as when I left it. I'm still not able to catch Pokemon because it says I have none. When I go to pokestops I will spin it and then they the stops turn to purple without giving me anything (double checked that on my journal) and then they say come back later. I have 92 of 400 items (none of which are Pokeballs) and I've now transferred all duplicate Pokemon so I'm good there. I did purchase the extra storage and the extra bag space, as well as 200 Pokeballs, but still can't get anything from the pokestops nor do I have any Pokeballs to capture. :(
Any other thoughts since deleting the app and reloading did not work....
Thx again!

Wow!. No I don't - maybe the help feature within the app to contact them with your problem. If you can bear to do this, create a new second login to start over to see if you still get the same problem. I have a gmail account and a trainer account. If yours is a trainer account, you can request things to be fixed more easily. They can't work on a game that is set up through Gmail. Anyway, sorry for your troubles.
In any event, if you do start a new game, use the opposite account of what you currently login through
Best of luck.. Ron