Could I play Pokemon Go with my iPad mini?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

iMore Question

Could I play pokemon go with my ipad mini?

I don't have a phone so I was wondering if I could play Pokemon go with an iPad mini.

taeisme

Trusted Member
Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
Re: Could I play pokemon go with my ipad mini?

Sure can! I have pokemon go loaded on my mini and it' works just fine.

Ron7624

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a Mini 4, cellular model and playing the game is great because if the all day battery. My phone is almost dead after 3 hours, but the iPad Mini still has 50% after playing all day.

EnderSlime

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
I tried but it crashes after I sign in with my google account. it always crashes and i never got to even make my trainer yet because it keeps crashing. idk how to fix it so help would be appreciated! :confused:

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I tried but it crashes after I sign in with my google account. it always crashes and i never got to even make my trainer yet because it keeps crashing. idk how to fix it so help would be appreciated! :confused:
What exact device? What OS version number? What app version number?

Ilikepokemon

Jul 25, 2016
Visit site
When I play Pokemon Go on my ipad mini, it works fine, but the problem is that it crashes on me, and it always says, Inertnet connecting is not found, something likethat, how will i play pokemon go if that will come? That happened to me, I couldn't even get the pokestop! Please Help me! I also have to say that, if this is normal to happen because it has bugs and glitches, then that saved my life! :(:crying:

Vikas Dhar

Jul 2, 2016
Visit site
You sure can. I noticed a bit of GPS drift on mine (not sure if my Mini 2 even has GPS, come to think of it; it could just be using wireless network location) but it played just fine, Link up to the hotspot and Pokemon Go should work on the iPad. I just tried it out with an old android phone that no longer has a data plan. It might lag a little, but it works for me.

DontTread

Jul 26, 2016
Visit site
I am confused by these answers. I went to the Apple Store yesterday, and they said that the wifi only ipads, including the mini, do have gps, but the game requires a cellular connection and the hotspot option doesn't provide enough bandwidth to run the game. Who is right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods