Has anyone caught a Pikachu yet?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I've been looking for Pikachu in the tracker but haven't found one yet. Heading out later on today and hope to get one.

Has anyone had luck finding one yet?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Ugh another one! Ok so a LONG LONG time ago (in a galaxy far far away, hehehe) I went to E3 in Atlanta (it was around 1996 I think), the then hot console gaming company, Nintendo (anyone remember them? lol) was showing off this game they were about to release, that was a hit already in Japan, called Pokemon. They had big plans for it, they told us, multiple games, cartoon, possible movie, merch, etc. They said it would be huge! I thought it was ridiculous and it would go over like a led balloon! Well we all know how THAT story turned out! Needless to stay I will NEVER have a job predicting gaming trends!

DJDJRO

Jul 11, 2016
Visit site
I've been looking for Pikachu in the tracker but haven't found one yet. Heading out later on today and hope to get one.

Pickachu is asigned to you at the beginning of the game IF you avaoid catching any of the beginning monsters. I assume everybody followed instructions and picked one though.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site

No have not found a be whatever that is. I have found toad frogs up under my lawn mower.

Toad frogs like to be turned upside down and have their bellies rubbed.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I set up an account and caught one by ignoring a bunch of others as I was driving to an appointment. Eventually he showed up. Pikachu is literally the only Pokemon I have. I'm thinking about retiring while I'm still at the top.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I walked by some dude in the street that was about to catch him and I purposely bumped into him pretending it was an accident, ruining it for him.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Given the reports of the google privacy concerns with this game, I created a new account and used the trick that was posted here to get Pikachu. It's the only Pokemon I have at the moment since I had to start over and I'm stuck in the house working.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I set up an account and caught one by ignoring a bunch of others as I was driving to an appointment. Eventually he showed up. Pikachu is literally the only Pokemon I have. I'm thinking about retiring while I'm still at the top.

I have read that if you set up the account and DON'T capture one of the 3 "starter" ones they put in front of you then it will appear.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Given the reports of the google privacy concerns with this game, I created a new account and used the trick that was posted here to get Pikachu. It's the only Pokemon I have at the moment since I had to start over and I'm stuck in the house working.

The update released this afternoon fixed the issue :)