Not for me. Guess i'm too old to get it. How do I delete the account?
    07-10-2016 02:54 PM
    You could just delete the app and not worry about the account. I'm not sure if there is anyway to delete the Pokemon trainer account.
    07-10-2016 03:20 PM
    Go to this link - How to delete your Pokmon Go account | iMore

I suggest deleting it at least until they fix their required permissions. They take way too much information from your google account. I'm not even touching the fact that they are tracking you consistently. I just deleted my account. You have to go through all the steps, check all the boxes, and respond "DELETE" to the e-mail that they send you.
    Last edited by firedept10; 07-12-2016 at 08:38 AM. Reason: Updated
    07-12-2016 08:26 AM
    Go to this link - How to delete your Pokmon Go account | iMore

I suggest deleting it at least until they fix their required permissions. They take way too much information from your google account. I'm not even touching the fact that they are tracking you consistently. I just deleted my account. You have to go through all the steps, check all the boxes, and respond "DELETE" to the e-mail that they send you.
    You could also just set up an account directly through the Pokmon Trainer Club. They won't have access to your Gmail account at all then.
    MRSBROWN2006 likes this.
    07-12-2016 08:48 AM
    That's a good point. I just didn't like the battery drain as well as some company having the ability to track me. I've found out that they also have full access to your google account even if you delete the program. It's a good idea to look at your app access on your google account and revoke the permissions.
    07-12-2016 09:01 AM
    Can you tell me how step by step? I started the game and I tried both ways so I don't know which way worked. I think the trainer club was to one that worked and I don't remember my username or password so I clicked the link that is telling me that they can't register me right now because they have too many people joining. It is aggravating because I don't want to register. I think I already registered. I just want to access my account. I caught 3 Pokemon. Now I just want to delete and restart.
    07-16-2016 10:47 AM
    Set up through the trainer account after I heard about the Google account privacy issues. Took me a three say wait out because I kept getting the message that too many people were registering. Wait until late at night/very early morning and you shouldnt have any issues.
    07-16-2016 10:14 PM
    That's a good point. I just didn't like the battery drain as well as some company having the ability to track me. I've found out that they also have full access to your google account even if you delete the program. It's a good idea to look at your app access on your google account and revoke the permissions.
    For anyone reading this now, the 1.0.1 update changed the permissions to only the basics. The "Full access" setting is no longer valid. You can check permissions at:

https://security.google.com/settings...missions?pli=1
    07-17-2016 08:02 AM