Share your Pokemon Go Tips & Tricks!

Rafagon

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
FYI: Here’s a bug I encountered for the first time today. You see circles spreading outward from a point, but the Pok?mon isn’t displayed nor are you allowed to tap on the center of the circles to attempt to catch him. The fix is—just as you would guess—to force-quit and re-start the application. If he hasn’t left, you’ll see the wild Pok?mon right where the circles were, and you can attempt to capture him as usual.

IMG_2406.jpg

Ron7624

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
FYI: Here’s a bug I encountered for the first time today. You see circles spreading outward from a point, but the Pok?mon isn’t displayed nor are you allowed to tap on the center of the circles to attempt to catch him. The fix is—just as you would guess—to force-quit and re-start the application. If he hasn’t left, you’ll see the wild Pok?mon right where the circles were, and you can attempt to capture him as usual.
I've not had this happen to me. That would truly 'bug' me...
View attachment 110724

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
FYI: Here?s a bug I encountered for the first time today. You see circles spreading outward from a point, but the Pok?mon isn?t displayed nor are you allowed to tap on the center of the circles to attempt to catch him. The fix is?just as you would guess?to force-quit and re-start the application. If he hasn?t left, you?ll see the wild Pok?mon right where the circles were, and you can attempt to capture him as usual.

View attachment 110724

I've seen it too, it's usually fixed by force quitting the app and reopening. It usually happens to me after I've lost signal then regained it, which happens every day driving home from work.

anon(8910885)

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
There's IV calculator for pokemon apparently which basically rates how well your pokemon's CP will grow. The higher the IV, the better your poke's CP growth rate and moves. You can find the calculator online.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

There's IV calculator for pokemon apparently which basically rates how well your pokemon's CP will grow. The higher the IV, the better your poke's CP growth rate and moves. You can find the calculator online.

Yes and no, I'm not sure the IV's are relevant to CP or not. If they are, it only changes the max CP, giving you a minimum and maximum. I believe in Pok?mon Go the IV's really just tell you how good your attack, defense, and HP are.

Erick Chen

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
I usually farm eggs by taping my phone to the ceiling fan. It's a slow process but works! It farms around 1 "10km" egg per 2-3 hours! Hope I helped!

Rafagon

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site

An easy way to remember which are the best Appraisal phrases from your team leader is that the best ones all end with an exclamation point instead of a period.

Correction: This only applies to Team Mystic. Oops.

Rafagon

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
Just saw a Pok?mon GO app update.

1.11.3 update release notes:

• Professor Willow discovered that Eggs have different patterns depending on the distance required to hatch them.
  • Pok?mon type icons have been added to the information screen for each Pok?mon.
  • Low battery indicator added for the Pok?mon GO Plus.
  • Minor text fixes.
I’m very happy about the Pok?mon type icons. This should help for gym battles for the not-so-obvious types.

Last edited:

Ron7624

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
There will be a Halloween event that doubles candy that you earn and gives 4x candy for walking your buddy. Starting on Oct 26

Rafagon

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
I found a Lucky Egg calculator I really like: https://www.pidgeycalc.com

This one has some advantages over the one at the Pok? Assistant website:

• The number of seconds it takes for one evolution animation to play is user-selectable as opposed to being hard-wired into the website. So if or when Niantic decreases it again, all you need to do is type in the new evolution animation duration. Or if you have a device that runs much faster or much slower than a “typical” device, you can use the number of seconds it takes for the evolution animation to play on your device.
  • You can input more than one Pok?mon you plan to evolve, and it will add them all up for you and the display the sum on-screen. And if your planned evolutions will complete in under 30 minutes, it recommends against using a Lucky Egg and it tells you how many more evolutions you need to have ready before deploying the Egg.
  • Names of Pok?mon are available in four languages. English, French, German, and Japanese.
I did not know the names of Pok?mon vary according to the language you’re playing the game in. Did you know that a Pidgey in French is called a Roucool? Neither did I!

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I found a Lucky Egg calculator I really like: https://www.pidgeycalc.com

This one has some advantages over the one at the Pok? Assistant website:

• The number of seconds it takes for one evolution animation to play is user-selectable as opposed to being hard-wired into the website. So if or when Niantic decreases it again, all you need to do is type in the new evolution animation duration. Or if you have a device that runs much faster or much slower than a ?typical? device, you can use the number of seconds it takes for the evolution animation to play on your device.
  • You can input more than one Pok?mon you plan to evolve, and it will add them all up for you and the display the sum on-screen. And if your planned evolutions will complete in under 30 minutes, it recommends against using a Lucky Egg and it tells you how many more evolutions you need to have ready before deploying the Egg.
  • Names of Pok?mon are available in four languages. English, French, German, and Japanese.
I did not know the names of Pok?mon vary according to the language you?re playing the game in. Did you know that a Pidgey in French is called a Roucool? Neither did I!

There are numerous differences between languages, mostly from Japanese to English. Such as the original show centered around Ash and his rival Gary. In the American games starting with Red and Blue, Ash is Red and Gary is Blue, the FireRed and LeafGreen remakes also made use of the male/female selection and added a female character, Green. However America only received the original Red, Blue, then Yellow versions while Japan had Red, Green, followed by Blue and Yellow, and in Japan Gary is Green. Which added to such things as with Red, Blue, and Green making appearances in the upcoming Pok?mon games, Gary is wearing green pants instead of blue. And if you translate the Japanese Pok?mon names to English you'll notice a discrepancy. Gyarados is not the original name, it was changed and shortened due to Pok?mon name length restrictions in the original games, it's original name was Skullkraken.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods