Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree24Likes
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

Default Re: Share your Pokemon Go Tips & Tricks!

I havent played yet but I think I will check it out when I get a cellphone...oneday!!
    iMore Nanite

I usually farm eggs by taping my phone to the ceiling fan. It's a slow process but works! It farms around 1 "10km" egg per 2-3 hours! Hope I helped!
    iMore Newbie

Lol. I need to get an electric fan!
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    287 Global Posts

Default Share your Pokemon Go Tips & Tricks!

An easy way to remember which are the best Appraisal phrases from your team leader is that the best ones all end with an exclamation point instead of a period.

Correction: This only applies to Team Mystic. Oops.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    287 Global Posts

Ever wonder what the maximum bag space and Pokmon storage is? I just learned that the answer is 1000 for both.

Source: http://gaming.stackexchange.com/ques...des-are-needed
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #56  
    Community Manager

Global Posts
    6,214 Global Posts

^ I had no idea. I'm nowhere close
    Rafagon likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    287 Global Posts

Just saw a Pokmon GO app update.

1.11.3 update release notes:

• Professor Willow discovered that Eggs have different patterns depending on the distance required to hatch them.
    • Pokmon type icons have been added to the information screen for each Pokmon.
    • Low battery indicator added for the Pokmon GO Plus.
    • Minor text fixes.

I’m very happy about the Pokmon type icons. This should help for gym battles for the not-so-obvious types.
    Last edited by Rafagon; 10-24-2016 at 10:13 PM.
    iMore Intermediate

There will be a Halloween event that doubles candy that you earn and gives 4x candy for walking your buddy. Starting on Oct 26
    Rafagon likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    287 Global Posts

I found a Lucky Egg calculator I really like: https://www.pidgeycalc.com

This one has some advantages over the one at the Pok Assistant website:

• The number of seconds it takes for one evolution animation to play is user-selectable as opposed to being hard-wired into the website. So if or when Niantic decreases it again, all you need to do is type in the new evolution animation duration. Or if you have a device that runs much faster or much slower than a “typical” device, you can use the number of seconds it takes for the evolution animation to play on your device.
    • You can input more than one Pokmon you plan to evolve, and it will add them all up for you and the display the sum on-screen. And if your planned evolutions will complete in under 30 minutes, it recommends against using a Lucky Egg and it tells you how many more evolutions you need to have ready before deploying the Egg.
    • Names of Pokmon are available in four languages. English, French, German, and Japanese.

I did not know the names of Pokmon vary according to the language you’re playing the game in. Did you know that a Pidgey in French is called a Roucool? Neither did I!
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    2,722 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rafagon View Post
    I found a Lucky Egg calculator I really like: https://www.pidgeycalc.com

This one has some advantages over the one at the Pok Assistant website:

• The number of seconds it takes for one evolution animation to play is user-selectable as opposed to being hard-wired into the website. So if or when Niantic decreases it again, all you need to do is type in the new evolution animation duration. Or if you have a device that runs much faster or much slower than a typical device, you can use the number of seconds it takes for the evolution animation to play on your device.
    • You can input more than one Pokmon you plan to evolve, and it will add them all up for you and the display the sum on-screen. And if your planned evolutions will complete in under 30 minutes, it recommends against using a Lucky Egg and it tells you how many more evolutions you need to have ready before deploying the Egg.
    • Names of Pokmon are available in four languages. English, French, German, and Japanese.

I did not know the names of Pokmon vary according to the language youre playing the game in. Did you know that a Pidgey in French is called a Roucool? Neither did I!
    There are numerous differences between languages, mostly from Japanese to English. Such as the original show centered around Ash and his rival Gary. In the American games starting with Red and Blue, Ash is Red and Gary is Blue, the FireRed and LeafGreen remakes also made use of the male/female selection and added a female character, Green. However America only received the original Red, Blue, then Yellow versions while Japan had Red, Green, followed by Blue and Yellow, and in Japan Gary is Green. Which added to such things as with Red, Blue, and Green making appearances in the upcoming Pokmon games, Gary is wearing green pants instead of blue. And if you translate the Japanese Pokmon names to English you'll notice a discrepancy. Gyarados is not the original name, it was changed and shortened due to Pokmon name length restrictions in the original games, it's original name was Skullkraken.
    Rafagon likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    287 Global Posts

Thank you for all that information, Mr. @metllicamilitia. I see you’re a walking, talking Pokmon encyclopedia. We Pokmon GO players here at iMore are lucky to have you around.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    2,722 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rafagon View Post
    Thank you for all that information, Mr. @metllicamilitia. I see youre a walking, talking Pokmon encyclopedia. We Pokmon GO players here at iMore are lucky to have you around.
    It's all just 16 years experience ha ha. I didn't even know the Gyarados one until a couple days ago.
    Rafagon likes this.
    iMore Nanite

Nice :v
    iMore Nanite

Tanks for the info.
    Finally i have the tree evee's
    iMore Newbie

To get distance walked without actually walking, just disable high accuracy from location settings and set it to "GPS only". This will make your gps less accurate and your avatar will walk a few meters just by you being still. It is not that usefull to break 10km eggs, but if you only need a few more meters for eggs to hatch, this technique will always work. You have to be patient though.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123