iPhoto almost doubles original photo size?

Dustin Money

Feb 27, 2017
Visit site
So I recently switched from using google photos to back up my photos to iCloud photo storage that way it is always on demand and ready to view or edit on my phone. I recently downloaded all my photos from google and the file size when unzipped is 1.62 gb. However when they are on my phone and uploaded to iCloud they are reporting double or more. I do not have any files in my recently deleted and I have not selected the unlimited storage in google photos and using full quality. I don't get it. Is anyone else having this problem?

Here are the images showing the file sizes.

https://imgur.com/a/4o14g

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
When you initially unzipped the Google pics, did you unzip them to your computer and then upload them directly to the iCloud website or did you put the pics on your iPhone first?

Dustin Money

Feb 27, 2017
Visit site
When you initially unzipped the Google pics, did you unzip them to your computer and then upload them directly to the iCloud website or did you put the pics on your iPhone first?
I downloaded all of them from the google photos iOS app. I downloaded them also on the computer.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Correct. Downloaded all of my photos from the google photos app directly to my camera roll and then backed up over night to iCloud photo storage.
What does the storage show for Photos and Camera in settlngs > General > Usage > Manage storage?
Is that "double" number for iCloud or phone storage?

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro