Photos taken with your iPhone 7 Plus

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm wondering this too. My bro and SIL are a bit strapped for cash and they love the pics I take of their son (my darling nephew). If the iPhone 7+ can take great shots that can be printed I want to offer to do some photo shoots so they don't have to pay for photographers.
To be honest, this phone takes pretty lackluster images. Every year apple comes out with a new phone, they destroy image quality to keep image sizes pretty much the same. Other phones are pumping out JPEGs with much less processing, and less compression. It's like the default JPEG processing has the compression set to Max. The images are the same size as the 8MP images off of an iPhone 6 Plus, yet they are 12MP. You have to capture DNGs (inaccessible from Camera.app) to avoid the processing.

The Compression is ridiculous, the noise reduction is ridiculous, the white balance is consistently off (too warm), the saturation and contrast are consistently off (too low). The phone tends to overexpose everything (so highlights will get consistently blown out). Details look like a water color painting, so cropping is practically off the table, as well.

I'm extremely disappointed in it. It's horrible. An 800+ person camera team, and this is the best they can do? I think I'm going to return it for an LGV20 or Pixel XL.

You're literally limited to RAW Shooting and Adobe Lightroom to get "advertised" quality. The JPEGs out of this thing are a throwback to 2012.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
To be honest, this phone takes pretty lackluster images. Every year apple comes out with a new phone, they destroy image quality to keep image sizes pretty much the same. Other phones are pumping out JPEGs with much less processing, and less compression. It's like the default JPEG processing has the compression set to Max. The images are the same size as the 8MP images off of an iPhone 6 Plus, yet they are 12MP. You have to capture DNGs (inaccessible from Camera.app) to avoid the processing.

The Compression is ridiculous, the noise reduction is ridiculous, the white balance is consistently off (too warm), the saturation and contrast are consistently off (too low). The phone tends to overexpose everything (so highlights will get consistently blown out). Details look like a water color painting, so cropping is practically off the table, as well.

I'm extremely disappointed in it. It's horrible. An 800+ person camera team, and this is the best they can do? I think I'm going to return it for an LGV20 or Pixel XL.

You're literally limited to RAW Shooting and Adobe Lightroom to get "advertised" quality. The JPEGs out of this thing are a throwback to 2012.

Welp. You clearly don't know how to tweak your camera. If the default app doesn't satisfy you, there are plenty of nice apps in the App Store that have many different settings. In addition, the 7 Plus dual camera is simply fantastic! (When you know how to use it).

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Welp. You clearly don't know how to tweak your camera. If the default app doesn't satisfy you, there are plenty of nice apps in the App Store that have many different settings. In addition, the 7 Plus dual camera is simply fantastic! (When you know how to use it).
I have no clue what you're babbling about.

The JPEGs the phone spits out are just bad. There are huge thread on Apples forums about this. It has nothing to do with me not being able to tweak photos or change camera settings.

You can't tweak in details lost to compression and noise reduction. You can barely tweak a JPEG at all. I'm not a fan of feeling beholden to RAW capture, on a phone.

f49ff5825997d4e59e10b2f02a9dc0be.png

Darthstorm528

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Today I decided to play with Lightroom mobile and took some photos in DNG format. It truly didn't come out bad at all as long as I edit them right and also it gets stored in my Creative Cloud account.
ba9901099d34eb2c3133621c129d88a4.jpg
f4edb8e06863a4ee43c3ea006ee923e4.jpg
6fc3260eb91a21a55ed559f055001cb4.jpg
8b27e20d6bad489ad99a9b2b8f367cf2.jpg

RHChan84

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
Here are some photos

Lake right behind my hotel in Bothell,WA
6cfc6c54c7bc205fc4dc9483741839bb.jpg

What I woke up too every morning except it was usually cloudy and rainy.
ead7c369813df3612de95302fc429974.jpg

Just a random testing of Portrait mode.
74bd45409fe59d21b2f01d1ab369e0ce.jpg