Enlarging a photo taken with iPhone

digbel

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
I have several photos taken with an iPhone 5 that were taken using a smaller resolution to save memory, however now that I need to get them printed it has turned out to be a problem... Any good tips on how to increase the pixel size of photos by about twenty percent without losing (much) image quality...?

Thanks
:yes:

ancetti

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
I have to agree with Ariel Scratch. I usually set my iPhone to 'lower quality' pics whenever is a daily usage but when I'm on a party or trip to somewhere I like, I set up HDR and BOOM!!!

digbel

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
Ok well yea I understand that it does decrease quality, but I was just wondering which was the best way (software) to do it. I'll just use photoshop or something I guess. The printer I'm using (print24) said they can do it automatically but then I wouldn't have any kind of guarantee so I think I'll do it myself first and see how bad it gets...

Apparently theres specific software for it too but not really worth it for just one time Blow Up - Alien Skin Software

Lina Rossy

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
Every picture program can do this for you, 20% is not much but definitely will make the quality worse. And i dont think there will be difference if the printer software do that for you. Example for free software is irafnview, its free and very easy to use!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
"Perfect Resize" in adobe photoshop is really the best way to do it. It uses fractals to blend pixels together and kind of spoofs higher resolution through interpolation. There are other pieces of software (both paid and freeware) that are more focused on this and do it for you, but if you already have photoshop, I can't really see any reason why you'd need to download something different since this feature works quite well.

My dad has this old point and shoot camera that takes pictures in 72ppi (which is atrocious by todays standards), but he loves the damn thing and its easy for him to use so he uses it regularly. I've made several of his pictures large enough to actually use via photoshop and perfect resize.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2