Weekly photo contest: Landmarks!

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
lightroom_iphone_5s_histogram_hero.jpg

There are thousands, maybe even millions, of landmarks scattered throughout the world. Some of them have historical impact while others are simply amazing feats of engineering. You may pass some of them on a regular basis while others you may visit on travels. That's your task this week, submit an amazing photo of a landmark you personally have seen and find awesome. The photo can be old or new, but it has to have been taken and edited only with an iPhone or iPad.

The contest begins today and ends Tuesday, July 22nd at 6 p.m. Eastern time. Good luck!

The prize

The winner of this week's photo contest will snag a Glif tripod mount and stand for their iPhone. The Glif can be mounted to any tripod, small or large so you can grab great shots and videos with no motion blur. It'll also be a great accessory to have when iOS 8 lands and time-lapse videos are possible!

The rules

Submitted photos must have been taken with an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

We'll check the EXIF data of the original file to verify and any edits must have been done with an iPhone or iPad app. No Photoshop, Lightroom, or other external editing programs! If you have external lens accessories such as an Olloclip or other snap-on lens, you are more than welcome to use them.

You can submit as many photos as you'd like, but remember, this is a contest, so make sure you submit your best work!

Resources

Now, before you run off to take your photo, remember that it's not technical skill alone that will claim this prize. Even if you're not the best photographer (yet!), a great eye and a great subject can still get you the win.

However, a little help can never hurt, so make sure you check out our iPhone photography series for some tips.

How to submit

To submit your photos, simply attach them to this thread, that's it! If you don't have a Mac or PC to upload them, you can download the free Tapatalk forum app and upload them directly from your iPhone or iPad. Hit the link below to download it. No photos submitted outside of this thread will be considered, NO EXCEPTIONS.

- Tapatalk for iPhone - Free - [URL="https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tapatalk/id307880732?mt=8&at=10l3Vy]Download Now[/URL]

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
e4y3e7ap.jpg

George Washington Bridge

georojas

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
The Barclays Center in Brooklyn is fairly new. It is home of the now Brooklyn Nets. I took the picture using Pano mode on my iPhone 5. I added the black and white effect using VSCOcam. I would consider this the new landmark in Brooklyn.

photo.JPG

iRoswell

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
yrygabyh.jpg

A prison in Gonzalez Texas that is now a museum which was used during Texas's fight for independence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pulsedriver

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Iphone 5 edited with snapseed
Rosersbergs palace
The Oxenstierna family built the palace in the 1630s. It became a royal palace in 1762, when the state gave Rosersberg to King Gustav III's younger brother Karl XIII.
image.jpg
Drottningholms palace
The palace is the private residence of the Swedish royal family. It is located in Drottningholm. Built on the island Lov?n (in Eker? Municipality of Stockholm County), it is one of Sweden's Royal Palaces. It was originally built in the late 16th century. It served as a residence of the Swedish royal court for most of the 18th century.
image.jpg

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73