Weekly photo contest: Storms!

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
storms_photo_contest_hero.jpg

Whether you love them or hate them, one thing all areas of the world face occasionally are storms. While they can ruin your afternoon park outing rather quickly, they make for amazingly beautiful photos. From a thunder head rolling in over a lake to dark skies over endless fields, storms create powerful images. This week your task is to capture a storm photo ? while staying safe of course. Feel free to use one you've captured in the past if you'd like as well!

The contest begins today and ends Tuesday, May 20th at 6 p.m. Eastern time. Good luck!

The prize

The winner of this week's photo contest will snag an Olloclip for whatever model iPhone they currently have. The Olloclip is a lens attachment that lets you capture wide angle, macro, and fisheye shots all in one. Simply snap it over the top of your iPhone's camera and start shooting!

The rules

Submitted photos must have been taken with an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

We'll check the EXIF data of the original file to verify and any edits must have been done with an iPhone or iPad app. No Photoshop, Lightroom, or other external editing programs! If you have external lens accessories such as an Olloclip or other snap-on lens, you are more than welcome to use them.

You can submit as many photos as you'd like, but remember, this is a contest, so make sure you submit your best work!

Resources

Now, before you run off to take your photo, remember that it's not technical skill alone that will claim this prize. Even if you're not the best photographer (yet!), a great eye and a great subject can still get you the win.

However, a little help can never hurt, so make sure you check out our iPhone photography series for some tips.

How to submit

To submit your photos, just attach them to this thread. That's it! You're done! If you don't have a desktop computer to use, you can upload them directly from your iPhone or iPad using the free Tapatalk forum app. Download it via the link below. No entries submitted outside of this thread will be considered, NO EXCEPTIONS.

[URL="https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tapatalk-connecting-communities/id307880732?mt=8&at=10l3Vy]Tap here to download Tapatalk for iPhone and iPad[/URL]

Marco251078

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
eve9agup.jpg

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Darthstorm528

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Perfect timing as as I just had a storm rolling through my area :)
3eqygahe.jpg
3a7enu4a.jpg
y9a9u5an.jpg
agypere9.jpg

All taken with stock camera, no edits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WadeHM

May 15, 2014
Visit site
2ybupeqe.jpg

From last year close to this time. A tornado was just forming. The rotation was spectacular. Taken with iPhone 5 and edited with Instagram.

chrisfairbank

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Photo taken a few years ago on an iPhone 4. Royals vs Tigers, game started out hot and sunny ended up getting pretty nasty. Had great seats behind home plate.

1400161827.071374.IMG_0247.jpg

The Karma Police

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
u2yneqe4.jpg

"The Eye of the Storm"

Took this beauty while driving up to the North Georgia mountains. As far as I can recall it's an unfiltered photo taken from my iPhone 5.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox