Weekly photo contest: Filters!

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
vsco_cam_iphone_5s_hero.jpg

Filters are not only fun to use, they add something unique that distinguishes your photo of something from everyone else's. They also make it easier to be creative and really think outside the box when editing a photo. Sometimes applying filters on top of filters can turn something dull into something amazing. While filters aren't appropriate for every photo we take, they have their place. That's your task this week. Snap a photo and experiment with filters. Be sure to submit the ones you just don't think would be the same without filter effects!

The contest begins today and ends Tuesday, May 13th at 6 p.m. Eastern time. Good luck!

The prize: $25 iTunes gift card

The winner of this week's photo contest will score an iTunes gift card to help you stock up on your favorite photography apps, or any apps or iTunes content you'd like!

The rules

Submitted photos must have been taken with an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

We'll check the EXIF data of the original file to verify and any edits must have been done with an iPhone or iPad app. No Photoshop, Lightroom, or other external editing programs! If you have external lens accessories such as an Olloclip or other snap-on lens, you are more than welcome to use them.

You can submit as many photos as you'd like, but remember, this is a contest, so make sure you submit your best work!

Resources

Now, before you run off to take your photo, remember that it's not technical skill alone that will claim this prize. Even if you're not the best photographer (yet!), a great eye and a great subject can still get you the win.

However, a little help can never hurt, so make sure you check out our iPhone photography series for some tips.

How to submit

To submit your photos, just attach them to this thread. That's it! You're done! If you don't have a desktop computer to use, you can upload them directly from your iPhone or iPad using the free Tapatalk forum app. Download it via the link below. No entries submitted outside of this thread will be considered, NO EXCEPTIONS.

[URL="https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tapatalk-connecting-communities/id307880732?mt=8&at=10l3Vy]Tap here to download Tapatalk for iPhone and iPad[/URL]

rumpigs

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Hello Allyson
I am enjoying the chance to participate in the weekly contests!! I am not seeing any posts with the winners photos so that we all can give props and enjoy quality photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dorknight

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
What's the proper way to attach images using the Tapatalk app? BBcode? Photo Sharing? I seem to always choose the wrong thing I'm checking other people's images too, and the EXIF data is blank... What's going on? Thanks

Last edited:

mayra yax

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
suqyde7e.jpg

Chicago River

iviat

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
3yvydute.jpg

Creepy little place found out in the woods. Taken with iPhone 5s and used iPhoto to add filter.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

semiwi

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
ehedyga4.jpg

y5ybe9ar.jpg

6e7ydara.jpg

9yvu8a6e.jpg

pary2ere.jpg

y7ujates.jpg

e2u9urag.jpg

qahahamy.jpg

qa7e4e8a.jpg

y2u2ude9.jpg

These are just a few favorites out of the many hundred photos I took on my recent trip to Maui, Hawaii. Taken with an iPhone 5 and edited with VSCOcam. :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW