What's The Difference Between Camera Plus and Camera+?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Reparkable

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Did someone actually explain what the real difference between the 2 apps in the thread title was?

Sent from my iPhone 5 with the iMore Forums App

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Did someone actually explain what the real difference between the 2 apps in the thread title was?

I could only tell you about Camera+. I've never used Camera Plus. Camera+ has been a top 10 camera/photo editing app for several years. It stayed at #1 for a long time. It's like Afterlight with more features and options. Camera+ has a really good crop function.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/camera+/id329670577?mt=8&at=10l3Vy

Sent from from my iPhone 5

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Like Ledsteplin, I've only used the Camera+ app, and it is indeed a top tier app. I don't know anything about the other app. Still, the "obvious" difference is in the name itself. + vs Plus...:)

Dorknight

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Camera+ is better than the other one. It's great for enhancing and editing photos. I've been using it for 3 years.

Sent from from my iPhone 5

I totally agree. Plus your "camera strip" gets iCloud backup which is awesome. But Camera Plus does have very good video recording, while Camera+ doesn't have any video function. Camera Plus can be used as a total replacement of the default camera basically. But just in terms of taking pictures, + is the best IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

punkkummander

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I've used both the apps and each has its own merits going for it. Let me try and explain the difference so that it resolves atleast some of the doubts that people are having around here. Camera Plus is a camera app that has been around for quite some time actually (launched October according to their blog) and has AirSnap (remote control captures between 2 iOS devices), 3 Focus Modes and much more. The interface is quite aesthetic actually and i personally prefer it over several others.

Camera+, on the other hand, is the more popular of the two and has a lot going for it. And their release notes are pretty fun.

Hope that helps!

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73