Weekly Photo Contest: Portraits!

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
instagram_selfie_iphone_hero.jpg

If you look through the Camera Roll of your iPhone or iPad, I'd be willing to be that the most common subjects are people. From taking photos of our children to snapping shots of our loved ones at social events. Hey, even selfies count! This week that's your task. Take a great portrait shot either of yourself or of someone else! That's all there is to it!

The contest begins today and ends Tuesday, March 18th at 10 p.m. Eastern time. Good luck!

The rules

Submitted photos must have been taken with an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

We'll check the EXIF data of the original file to verify and any edits must have been done with an iPhone or iPad app. No Photoshop, Lightroom, or other external editing programs! If you have external lens accessories such as an Olloclip or other snap-on lens, you are more than welcome to use them.

You can submit as many photos as you'd like, but remember, this is a contest, so make sure you submit your best work!

Resources

Now, before you run off to take your photo, remember that it's not technical skill alone that will claim this prize. Even if you're not the best photographer (yet!), a great eye and a great subject can still get you the win.

However, a little help can never hurt, so make sure you check out our iPhone photography series for some tips.

How to submit

Just attach your photos to this thread! That's it! If you don't have a computer you can download the Last photo contest winner[/COLOR]

For those wondering, the last photo contest winner was [URL="http://forums.imore.com/members/jnportfolio-381601/"]jnportfolio for his bokeh shot. Congrats, you'll be contacted shortly to collect your prize!

MBGIRL

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
This is a selfie of my husband Jim, my friend Diana (it was her birthday) and me, Peggy. We are mountain bike riding in Sedona, AZ, a truly magical place. I love this pic because it shows the joy on our faces, good time to be alive!

Peggy Kittell

iPhone 4, rotated it to upload in Apple Preview.

Attachments

• Sedona Selfie.jpg
    Sedona Selfie.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 50
Last edited:

jyoung

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
u3a7abas.jpg

Ice caves along Lake Michigan near Leland, MI

danish1978

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1394663157.538702.jpg
This is my husband and our youngest daughter at her 4th birthday party.

Taken with iPhone 5c, no editing needed

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

iRoswell

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
eqeve7ed.jpg

This was taken with my iPhone 5 and edited using Snapseed. The shot was taken at Enchanted Rock in Fredericksburg Texas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice