Weekly Photo Contest: Macro!

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
filterstorm_neue_hero_iphone_5s.jpg

This time of year is amazing to me because the weather can be so different all over the world. That means there may be falling leaves or the first sight of snow already, depending where you live. What a better time to run a macro contest? It's the perfect time to get outside and explore things around you before it's too cold for some of us. This is a perfect opportunity for those of you who have an olloclip lens system to take advantage of it. Any attachments and editing apps are fair game!

The contest begins today and ends Tuesday, November 19th at 10 p.m. Eastern time.

The Prize

Aside from a thumbs up from the entire iMore crew, we'll be giving a lucky winner an Olloclip for their iPhone! What a better prize to win in a macro photo contest than a lens attachment that can help you capture even better macro photos, along with wide-angle and fisheye too!

The rules

Submitted photos must have been taken with an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

We'll check the EXIF data of the original file to verify and any edits must have been done with an iPhone or iPad app. No Photoshop, Lightroom, or other external editing programs! If you have external lens accessories such as an Olloclip or other snap-on lens, you are more than welcome to use them.

You can submit as many photos as you'd like, but remember, this is a contest, so make sure you submit your best work!

Resources

Now, before you run off to take your photo, remember that it's not technical skill alone that will claim this prize. Even if you're not the best photographer (yet!), a great eye and a great subject can still get you the win.

However, a little help can never hurt, so make sure you check out our iPhone photography series for some tips.

How to submit

To submit your photos, just include them as an attachment right here in this thread, that's it! If you don't have a computer, you can also download the Tapatalk app for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch which allows you to upload photos directly from your device. Remember, only photos in this thread count, no emailed photos please!

[URL="https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tapatalk-community-reader/id307880732?at=10l3Vy]Click here to download Tapatalk[/URL]

georojas

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Taken while on my morning jog. I had to stop and take in the beautiful fall colors.
I took the picture with my iPhone 5/ using my favorite photo editing app -> Snapseed
image.jpg

iPhone 5 / Snapseed
image.jpg

iPhone5/Snapseed
Took this while inside the Target store.
image.jpg

Last edited:

justinkoehn

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Here's a couple i did recently. I took these with the iPhone 4S using the macro lens from Photojojo :) One is a newly hatched spider egg and the other is a tiny inchworm i happened upon

2013-09-22 08.47.09-1.jpg2957f8f8069911e2b17a22000a1de28c_7.jpg

aphunex

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Here are 3 beautiful unedited macro shots taken with the iPod touch 5G's 5MP camera.
I didn't use any lens system or any editing app!
If you want to see more awesome nature photographie check out my instagram: philsteigler

IMG_0007.JPG
IMG_0009.JPG
IMG_0024.JPG

Chavista

Aug 31, 2009
Visit site
This is the inside of 2 hibiscus flowers (RED AND PINK) thats in my front yard, I used my iPhone 4 and a $3.00 lens that I purchased from Amazon.com, there was no additional editing whatsoever.
IMG_9862.jpg
IMG_9860.JPG

dkampmann

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Tree seen through privacy-lined window. The focus was on the lines.

Edits with iPhoto ios.

nuredadu.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

georojas

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
iPhone 5 - HDR on / Snapseed. This is a picture of the Manhattan bridge at night.

image.jpg

My pug Otis trying to fall asleep. iPhone 5/Snapseed

image.jpg

Last edited:

mcmillan27

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Close up of part of a Toonie (Canadian $2 coin) taken with iPhone 4S through a 10X magnifying glass.

Attachments

• 049.JPG
    049.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 12

mcmillan27

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Original, unedited image of my prior post because for some reason the EXIF data didn't seem to be present.

Attachments

• 048.JPG
    048.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 13

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro