Weekly photo contest: Sticks and stones!

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
sticks_stones_photo_contest_hero.jpg

We've already given you guys the challenge of showing us how good you are at capturing textures so now we're going to give you specific ones to work with. In this instance, sticks and stones. These are things we see all around us, particular brick and stone patterns. The winner of this contest will be the one that can really get out there and see the beauty in these items we tend to easily overlook in our everyday lives. I'll even give you a hint, if you've got a beach or hiking trails around you, those are amazing places to start!

The contest begins today and ends Tuesday, October 22nd at 10 p.m. Eastern time.

The prize

Aside from a thumbs up from the entire iMore crew, we'll be giving the winner of this week's contest an Olloclip suited for whatever iPhone they currently own so they can enjoy taking macro, wide angle, and fish eye shots!

The rules

Submitted photos must have been taken with an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

We'll check the EXIF data of the original file to verify and any edits must have been done with an iPhone or iPad app. No Photoshop, Lightroom, or other external editing programs! If you have external lens accessories such as an Olloclip or other snap-on lens, you are more than welcome to use them.

You can submit as many photos as you'd like, but remember, this is a contest, so make sure you submit your best work!

Resources

Now, before you run off to take your photo, remember that it's not technical skill alone that will claim this prize. Even if you're not the best photographer (yet!), a great eye and a great subject can still get you the win.

However, a little help can never hurt, so make sure you check out our iPhone photography series for some tips.

How to submit

Just attach your photos to this thread, that's it! If you don't have a computer and need to upload via your iPhone or iPad, simply drop a link in to the original file or use the Tapatalk for iPhone or iPad app, which supports uploading images to the iMore forum from iOS.

[URL="https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tapatalk-community-reader/id307880732?mt=8&at=10l3Vy]Tap here to download Tapatalk for iOS[/URL]

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
McLarenVale.jpg

Yesterday at Coriole Vineyard, McLaren Vale, South Australia

iPhone 5s, cropped in iPhoto (iOS), no other editing

Last edited:

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Taken with my 5/5S, HDR , no editing

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 60
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 58
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 57
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 60
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 59
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 62

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
iPhone 5, edited with iPhoto

u6ymy2e3.jpg

Blazin' Tap Tap Tappity 2 You

greidel

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
etysu2et.jpg
Taken at Hancock Pond in Maine, through a couple inches of water (hence the reflection in the lower left). With iPhone 5, no editing or filters.

norsairius

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I made a recent trip to Taiwan to visit family and went on morning walks in a nearby park with my mom and aunt a few times. The park was remarkably quiet for being set in such an urban environment. Granted, the neighborhood isn't exactly in downtown Taipei, it was still remarkable how much nature there was and how quiet things were. Lots of people use the park for recreation including group exercises.

One thing that I found to be particularly interesting was a footpath with stones of different shapes and sizes purposely spaced apart a bit and sticking up unevenly. The intent of the footpath is to massage your feet as you walk over it. Some believe that massaging certain points on your feet can help with various ailments. There was a sign that had a diagram of the various pressure points on the human foot too. It was pretty neat! I did not try walking on this barefoot, but I could easily feel it through my shoes.

Attached: 2 pics of the footpath, originals and versions edited with Instagram.
taiwan_park_path_1_original.jpg
taiwan_park_path_1_instagram.JPG
taiwan_park_path_2_original.JPG
taiwan_park_path_2_instagram.JPG

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73