- iPhone Intermediate
- 170 Posts
scanning film using an iPad and iPhone.
i was looking at my negatives the other day, using my iPad as a light table...then it came to me that you can use your iPad + iPhone to scan your negatives if you really need to. the results will turn out alot better if you shoot slide film.
there are 3 simple steps:
1. set your iPad to full brightness with a white background, then lay your negatives on top of it
2. using your iPhone, take a photo of the frame you want scanned
3. open up the image in Photoshop Express, then crop, mirror horizontally, and invert the colors.
the resulting image:
more pictures of the process can be seen here:
Perspective and Juxtaposition
- 12-10-2012, 06:16 PM #2
Re: scanning film using an iPad and iPhone.
hmmmm.... interesting idea! Hadn't thought of it.
I have thousands of medium format 6x7 transparencies from the old film days that I might try this on. But I'll use a lightbox for illumination.
- By aqua in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 0Last Post: 08-15-2010, 10:04 PM
- By Element1924 in forum Original iPadReplies: 40Last Post: 04-08-2010, 08:37 AM
- By hermdog in forum Original iPadReplies: 3Last Post: 04-05-2010, 06:02 AM
- By Rene Ritchie in forum Original iPadReplies: 18Last Post: 04-01-2010, 12:27 AM
- By Muero in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 1Last Post: 01-29-2010, 01:47 PM