using apple images on a blog - legal issues?

Italianblend

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I am curious whether or not Apple allows people to link to images from their sites. For example, if I'm writing a blog about Apple TV, can I link an image from apple.com of the Apple TV, or is there some sort of copyright issue here? What if I took a picture of an Apple TV that I own? How do bloggers get the rights to these photos? If you take your own picture of an apple product, do you own exclusive rights to that photo, or can apple come and sue for use of that photo? (especially if you're selling your blog space for advertising)

Thank you

dancing_betta

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
If in doubt check with their press contact but they - like most big companies, have a catalog of pictures specifically for press use, and blogs should count as well. Here is the link: Apple - Press Info
You should be downloading those though rather than linking to them, otherwise it's bandwidth theft. Not so much an issue now but a few years back (remember Geocities?) excessive picture linking could knock websites out, so it's seen as bad practice.

Pictures that you take yourself are you personal property. With people as subjects you might run into issues if you publish pictures without their consent, but since we are talking product pictures you won't have those.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox