iPhone camera vs other phone cameras

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I know the debate rages on about recent iPhone cameras vs whatever Android phones camera. I love the camera on my 4s. It has gotten me back into taking photo's joining a few Flickr groups. There are a ton of photo groups out there for iphone photography.

My questions is if the Android phones cameras really compare why are there not more photo communities dedicated to say GS3 photography or HTC camera photography? The only Android phone I have owned was the EVO 3D and the camera was good taking photos in natural light but not inspiring like the iPhone camera. It just seems like the iPhone camera in it's most recent form has become the standard.

BradM73

Sep 11, 2008
Visit site
My answer, and of course this is based on my own personal opinion so many may disagree, is that by and large, there are very few Android cameras in Android phones that match or exceed the quality of the iPhone series. Especially the iPhone 4S and 5. It is also generally true that creative type people gravitate toward Apple products. I can't tell you exactly why, but most, if not all of the people I know who are artists or photographers all use Apple products or use a Mac as their primary PC.

I really don't know exactly why there are more iPhone photography groups than Android photography groups, especially since Android phones outnumber iPhones by a large margin, but I think it has to do to my theory that Apple users tend to congregate together more than Android users, or even PC users, etc. That's my take on it.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for reply. I agree. The iPhone photography thing has really become culture. The tools available for in camera processing are amazing for the iPhone. If a person has a creative eye it takes no time to create something great.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I think it's more than just creative people gravitate towards Apple. I think it's a whole bunch of factors really the first being a much better app ecosystem. There are a ton of easily found apps for sharing photos on the iPhone from Instagram, Piictu, Flickr, etc. The ease with which the iPhone is able to transfer pictures to the computer and also upload the pictures to the apps. Although there might be a much bigger number of Android devices out there they are from different manufacturers. I think it's a lot easier to post pictures on all iPhone apps and feel this special bond of having the same kind of device. I just don't think Android has that yet among all it's users, I think the more tech elite of their users might have that feeling but it hasn't permeated into the general audience of their devices. Again coming back to the many devices if someone is going to start a flickr group they would be much more likely to do one based on the brand of their device rather than the general Android Photo group.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I've taken thousands of photos over the years and at one point I was heavily into Photoshop. Lately I have been importing older photos into the iPhone for post processing. There a quite a few iOS photo apps that I wish were Mac. There was a time it was the other way around.

mcmillan27

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I found out a fellow at work bought a Samsung GS3 so I was curious to see how the camera compared to my 4S. I took 2 photos, one with each phone, of the same subject in the same light from the exact same angle. Then I got him to email me the photo from his to mine. Both cameras are 8 MP. I double tapped the images, moved them to show the same part of the picture, then took screen shots of what was showing on the screen. The subject was his backpack that he carries his lunch in (we work in a printing plant) and it was under flourescent lights. Both shots were taken as quick snapshots, nothing done as far as exposure setting, etc. The results are as follows. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves, but pay special attention to the black diagonal lines and the red lid on the container inside the bag.

iPhone 4S
IMG_4019.JPGIMG_4022.PNG

Galaxy S3
IMG_4020.JPGIMG_4023.PNG

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2