Weekly photo contests: Avatars!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
For this week's photo contest, we're going to celebrate the new design and makeover given to the iMore forums by updating our avatars with some killer photos -- and giving away over $140 in prices! Although self-portraits are extremely popular for people to use as their avatar, this is not a requirement. Pick a subject that reflects you, get creative, and capture that awesome image that translates into the perfect avatar.

Huge congrats to Catastrophology for winning the iOS 6 panorama photo contest!

The prize: Olloclip Lens System, Glif tripod mount, and $50 iTunes gift card

The rules

The rules of entry are very simple. The photo must have been taken with an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch (we'll check the EXIF data of the original file to verify) and any edits must have been done with an iPhone or iPad app. No Photoshop CS6! If you have external lens accessories, you are more than welcome to use them. You can submit as many photos as you'd like, but remember, this is a contest, so make sure you submit your best work!

[B]Additional Rule: In addition to the normal set of rules, this contest also requires that you set the photo as your iMore avatar and share the photo in this thread.[/B]

The contest begins now and ends next Monday, October 15 at 5p Pacific.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ant-1

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Here is mine, taken with an iPhone 4 in the Instagram app. Edited with Instagram.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    513.2 KB · Views: 71

pererau

Jun 24, 2009
Visit site
iPhone 4S self-portrait with front-facing camera. I'm not sure who the child is. Edited with iPhoto on iPad.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1349425954.093878.jpg
    ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1349425954.093878.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 345

coskier

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Since we just got snow this morning, I think I will make this my Avatar. Shot with stock iPhone Camera app, small edits in Snapseed.

41e8d7ba0ef111e29c2922000a1cfdfe_7.jpg

espr3ss0

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
As I like Anonymity this Photo is not of my Face ;-p but it describes me well. "Cream Egg" is because my Birth date is @ April, Coffee Machine is because I love Coffee (my Aliases on the iNet. I am some form of Coffee, even Purchased Billing & Postage), "Costa Coffee" because it's my specific Coffee House, on a Wooden surface because I'm a very Natural Person. :)

Taken on iPhone 4S, App Camera+ Photo & Edit (DOF Effect)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    517.6 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

edotch

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
This pic is me a friend and my little shih tzu we put some mustache with an app because my little girl have mustache too :)
stachestic app , camera+ , intagram.

Attachments

• IMG_0280_2.jpg
    IMG_0280_2.jpg
    347 KB · Views: 55

pedrogfl

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Here is my photo!!! My dog loves to wet his mustache when it's raining, and then he goes watering everything in my house including me :)☔
Shot with an iPhone 4, used Instagram + Snapseed for editing.
Thank you guys!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    701 KB · Views: 54

glj104

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Taken with iphone 4 and used instagram

---------- Post Merged at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:40 PM ----------

2012-08-24 15.56.21.jpg

rajkumr

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking for a long time!
The avatar contest was in the back of my mind. A constant Flickr, a low hum, reminding me to enter. And then, inspiration struck! With a little bit of the iterate (not happy nation) logo design sprinkled on...
Original shot in iPhone 4S, edited in snapseed and text added in Tiled

Original:
image.jpg

Snapseed edit:
image.jpg

Final avatar after adding text & pictogram in Tiled:
image.jpg

Hope you guys like it!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.