Weekly Photo Contest: Panoramas! (with iOS 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
One of the huge new features of iOS 6 is the ability to take panoramic photographs with the built-in camera app and what a better excuse to use it than to enter iMore's next photo contest! The only rule for this contest is that you must use Apple's new built-in panorama feature in iOS 6 to take the photo -- the subject matter is completely up to you. Just be a creative and have lots of fun!

The prize: $30 iTunes certificate

The rules

The rules of entry are very simple. The photo must have been taken with an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch (we'll check the EXIF data of the original file to verify) using the panorama features of iOS 6 and any edits must have been done with an iPhone or iPad app. No Photoshop CS6! If you have external lens accessories, you are more than welcome to use them. You can submit as many photos as you'd like, but remember, this is a contest, so make sure you submit your best work!

The contest begins now and ends next Monday, September 24 at 5p Pacific.

Last edited:

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
Ft.Lauderdale beach on my last business trip! Lightly edited with Snapseed.

This is a great shot, but when was your last business trip? The main rule for this contest is that you must use the panorama feature in iOS 6. iOS 6 was just released yesterday...

rich67

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Leanna, keep in mind some have had the beta of iOS prior to the official release date. I had mine installed since last week.

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk

JB01

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
This is a great shot, but when was your last business trip? The main rule for this contest is that you must use the panorama feature in iOS 6. iOS 6 was just released yesterday...

I returned late last night... taken yesterday with iOS 6 panorama! much better weather down there than up in the north east!

jasondeno

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Upgraded my iOS, then walked my dog under a train bridge. :)

I was going to crop it later. But here's the raw out of the phone. Amazing camera!

Last edited:

bzavala

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
View from my office in Downtown Dallas.

7996195849_58454b4f84_h.jpg

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I hope the iPad got this feature in iOS 6 or I'm going to be bummed becasue I'm so in on this :D

Quick and easy answer, NO :(

Last edited:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Well unfortunately I have no devices that will do panorama. So I'll throw my ideas in here so someone else can use it. The iPhone 5 launches tomorrow a panorama shot of all the people waiting in line would be off the chains. The second idea is a little harder but if you could get a group of people holding up their new 📱 5's that would be teh awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.