Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    App and photo editor

Global Posts
    1,466 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

Default Weekly Photo Contest: HDR!

It's time to announce this week's photo contest -- HDR! A few days ago, I published an article about HDR photography, so now it's time for your new learned skills to the test. You can stick with the built-in HDR feature of the iPhone's camera, or use one of the many HDR apps that can be found in the App Store.

The prize: $30 iTunes certificate

The rules

The rules of entry are very simple. The photo must have been taken with an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch (we'll check the EXIF data of the original file to verify) and any edits must have been done with an iPhone or iPad app. No Photoshop CS6! If you have external lens accessories you are more than welcome to use them. You can submit as many photos as you'd like, but remember, this is a contest, so make sure you submit your best work!

The contest begins now and ends next Monday, September 3 at 5p Pacific.
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

First post on the forum, thought it would be a good one! Picture of my 4 year old boy Noah on his horse at a horse show. No apps used, just the stock camera with HDR on.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekly Photo Contest: HDR!-photo.jpg  
    Erdi likes this.
    iPhone Nanite

This was taken on my iPhone 4 with HDR and then turned to black and white using Snapseed on an iPad 2.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekly Photo Contest: HDR!-img_0269.jpg  
    KCMike likes this.
    iPhone Nanite

Here is another one taken with an iPhone 4 using HDR. HDR was necessary to bring out the detail of the pillar in the foreground.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekly Photo Contest: HDR!-img_2065.jpg  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    216 Global Posts

Default my entries

All taken with my iPhone 4S, PROHDR app, edited with Snapseed! Check out my instagram feed too by the way!: @JordanLRice
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekly Photo Contest: HDR!-img_1947.jpg   Weekly Photo Contest: HDR!-img_2028.jpg   Weekly Photo Contest: HDR!-img_2158.jpg   Weekly Photo Contest: HDR!-img_2059.jpg   Weekly Photo Contest: HDR!-img_1993.jpg  

Weekly Photo Contest: HDR!-img_2132.jpg  
    ticket700 and Erdi like this.
    iPhone Nanite

iPhone4S with Pro HDR, no additional apps
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekly Photo Contest: HDR!-img_0576.jpg   Weekly Photo Contest: HDR!-img_0571.jpg  
    Last edited by Malkist; 08-29-2012 at 11:48 AM.
    iPhone Nanite

Taken with an iPhone 4 - HDR mode in the stock camera app, Drama filter in Snapseed, Hefe filter in Instagram.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekly Photo Contest: HDR!-dam.jpg  
    iPhone Nanite

Taken with an iPhone 4S at the University of Alabama. Edited with Snapseed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekly Photo Contest: HDR!-img_1829.jpg  
    KCMike likes this.
    iPhone Nanite

iOS Version
    iOS 5.1.1

taken with my iphone 4 and modified using camer+ and snapseed
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekly Photo Contest: HDR!-2012-08-17-02.45.38.jpg   Weekly Photo Contest: HDR!-2012-08-11-14.38.14.jpg   Weekly Photo Contest: HDR!-2012-08-04-18.31.56.jpg   Weekly Photo Contest: HDR!-2012-08-16-17.24.27.jpg   Weekly Photo Contest: HDR!-2012-06-11-11.51.49.jpg  

Weekly Photo Contest: HDR!-2012-08-05-16.43.37.jpg  
    Last edited by Erdi; 08-29-2012 at 12:51 PM.
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

All photographs were taken with iPhone 4s & Pro HDR app. I used the Pro HDR app, Camera+, and Snapseed for editing. Most were edited only with the Pro HDR app.

Weekly Photo Contest: HDR!-photo-aug-06-8-36-07-pm.jpg Weekly Photo Contest: HDR!-photo-jul-19-8-54-04-pm.jpg Weekly Photo Contest: HDR!-photo-jun-29-11-11-21-am.jpg

Weekly Photo Contest: HDR!-photo-jul-19-8-51-41-pm.jpg Weekly Photo Contest: HDR!-photo-aug-07-7-02-24-am.jpg Weekly Photo Contest: HDR!-photo-jun-23-7-47-14-pm.jpg

Weekly Photo Contest: HDR!-photo-aug-21-6-59-48-am.jpg Weekly Photo Contest: HDR!-photo-jun-23-11-12-44-pm.jpg Weekly Photo Contest: HDR!-photo-aug-07-7-01-19-am.jpg
    iPhone Nanite

Default My pictures

Taken with stock camera HDR setting and edited with camera+
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekly Photo Contest: HDR!-photo-1.jpg   Weekly Photo Contest: HDR!-photo-2.jpg  
    iMore Newbie

iOS Version
    6 beta 2

Weekly Photo Contest: HDR!-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1346274706.822265.jpg

Took this with iPhone 4 and edited with HDR FX Pro
    iPhone Nanite

I took this photo recently when I was hiking to a damn in Post Falls Idaho. I used PRO HDR and Instagram for the finishing touches app on my iPhone 4S
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekly Photo Contest: HDR!-fr_5111.jpg  
    Last edited by tonylewis; 08-30-2012 at 01:09 PM.
    iMore Intermediate

This my cousin's dog . I love this animal !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekly Photo Contest: HDR!-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1346281733.502953.jpg  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

This was taken using the standard Camera app on an iPhone 4s with HDR set to ON, not long after take-off from SFO.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekly Photo Contest: HDR!-san-fran-hdr.jpg  
    iMore Nanite

4S, Stock Camera App. HDR on. Neighbor's flower garden in Seattle.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekly Photo Contest: HDR!-img_1067.jpg  
    iPhone Nanite

All photos were taken with my iphone camera and most were edited with HDR PRO app, instagram, or via.me, the flower picture was not edited at all.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekly Photo Contest: HDR!-img_3177.jpg   Weekly Photo Contest: HDR!-img_3172.jpg   Weekly Photo Contest: HDR!-img_3170.jpg   Weekly Photo Contest: HDR!-img_3140.jpg   Weekly Photo Contest: HDR!-img_3175.jpg  

Weekly Photo Contest: HDR!-img_3045.png  
    iPhone Nanite

Here is a good example of the difference HDR can make. First photo is the stock camera app of the iPhone 4S and the second photo was taken the Pro HDR app, which I highly recommend. Feel free to use photos.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekly Photo Contest: HDR!-img_3817.jpg   Weekly Photo Contest: HDR!-img_3820.jpg  
    iPhone Nanite

Default The Wood

iPhonee 4S
    Pixlromatic
    HDR FX Pro
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekly Photo Contest: HDR!-img_7764.jpg  
    iPhone Nanite

Photo taken with Pro HDR
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekly Photo Contest: HDR!-img_0417.jpg  
    iPhone Nanite

Photos taken with 4S and may have edited with snapseed
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekly Photo Contest: HDR!-img_2178.jpg   Weekly Photo Contest: HDR!-img_2341.jpg  
    iPhone Nanite

Taken using an iPhone 3GS using HDR fx Pro
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekly Photo Contest: HDR!-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1346496136.972641.jpg  
    iPhone Nanite

More using an iPhone 3GS an HDR FX Pro
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekly Photo Contest: HDR!-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1346535527.213172.jpg   Weekly Photo Contest: HDR!-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1346535547.730317.jpg  
    iPhone Beginner

"Fast Delivery" by Frederick Alfaro

2012 © Frederick Alfaro

Edited with photogene 2 taken by stock camera app
    Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    Last edited by tizocman; 09-02-2012 at 10:19 PM.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,902 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

Couple of entries!

First is edited with instagram (Ending the summer properly at the ballfield!)...

Second photo is HDR with no editing (Daytona MotorSpeedway)...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekly Photo Contest: HDR!-photo.jpg   Weekly Photo Contest: HDR!-img_0612.jpg  
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast