Weekly Photo Contest: HDR!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
It's time to announce this week's photo contest -- HDR! A few days ago, I published an article about HDR photography, so now it's time for your new learned skills to the test. You can stick with the built-in HDR feature of the iPhone's camera, or use one of the many HDR apps that can be found in the App Store.

The prize: $30 iTunes certificate

The rules

The rules of entry are very simple. The photo must have been taken with an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch (we'll check the EXIF data of the original file to verify) and any edits must have been done with an iPhone or iPad app. No Photoshop CS6! If you have external lens accessories you are more than welcome to use them. You can submit as many photos as you'd like, but remember, this is a contest, so make sure you submit your best work!

The contest begins now and ends next Monday, September 3 at 5p Pacific.

Zombified1

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
First post on the forum, thought it would be a good one! Picture of my 4 year old boy Noah on his horse at a horse show. No apps used, just the stock camera with HDR on.

jay0heavenly

Mar 30, 2009
Visit site
my entries

All taken with my iPhone 4S, PROHDR app, edited with Snapseed! Check out my instagram feed too by the way!: @JordanLRice

tonylewis

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
I took this photo recently when I was hiking to a damn in Post Falls Idaho. I used PRO HDR and Instagram for the finishing touches app on my iPhone 4S

Last edited:

LanceWebb

Jan 21, 2010
Visit site
Here is a good example of the difference HDR can make. First photo is the stock camera app of the iPhone 4S and the second photo was taken the Pro HDR app, which I highly recommend. Feel free to use photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.