Weekly Photo Contest: Silhouettes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
It's time to announce this week's photo contest -- Silhouettes! Last week, we focused on shadows and many of our (very awesome) entries were technically silhouettes, so it was only natural for us to move specifically to silhouettes for this week! silhouettes are often times very moody, dramatic, and/or romantic and are classic genre of photography. Although classic, in continues to be a favorite style -- and we want to see *your* style!

The prize: Glif tripod mount and stand!

glif-hero.jpg

The rules

The rules of entry are very simple. The photo must have been taken with an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch (we'll check the EXIF data of the original file to verify) and any edits must have been done with an iPhone or iPad app. No Photoshop CS6! If you have external lens accessories you are more than welcome to use them. You can submit as many photos as you'd like, but remember, this is a contest, so make sure you submit your best work!

Resources

Now, before you run off to take your photos, remember that it's not technical skill alone that will claim this prize. Even if you're not the best photographer (yet!), a great eye and a great subject can still get you the win. However, a little help can never hurt, so make sure you check out these articles from our iPhone photography series for some tips.

How to make your iPhone photography more striking with the ?rule of thirds?
How to make your iPhone photographs more powerful with negative space

The contest begins now and ends next Monday, August 27 at 5p Pacific.

Last edited:

L3it3r

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
iPhone 4S
Lifeproof case
iPhoto on iPhone for editing.
Cropped SEVERELY.
Taken at Waikiki beach, Hawaii

Last edited:

GrantXStorer

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Here's a silhouette of the famous instagrammer @CubbyGraham ( & his beard) on a hiking trip we took last month.

Camera: iPhone 4
Editing: SnapSeed & Instagram

Last edited:

tstorer

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
My dad and I took a spontaneous trip to D.C. He has always looked up to Abraham Lincoln.

Camera: iPhone 4
Apps: VSCO CAM (I believe that was it)

hotrod#AC

Jan 31, 2006
Visit site
Here is my 11-year-old son. We were on vacation to Tybee Island in Georgia in April. This was all his idea. He wanted to hold the sun in his hands. I think it turned out awesome. I love how I can tap on the iPhone screen to change the focus and the white balance where I want it to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.