Crop issue with Photos app?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone explain how the crop function in the native Photos app really works? It seems that the only place those crops are saved is in the Photos app itself?if I try to load the cropped photo into another app like Snapseed, it uses the original, uncropped version. Is there a way to change that behavior?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone explain how the crop function in the native Photos app really works? It seems that the only place those crops are saved is in the Photos app itself?if I try to load the cropped photo into another app like Snapseed, it uses the original, uncropped version. Is there a way to change that behavior?

Massie, after reading your post, I cropped an insignificant photo via the native Photo app and then viewed it via the Camera + app and the photo displayed in the manner in which it was cropped. I had the Snapseed app that I got via a promo code but have since deleted it from my iPhone. I could not find it in my "Purchased" app section of the App Store so I'm assuming apps acquired via promo codes are not saved as purchased after deletion.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Weird. Just tried it with Camera+ and mine still shows the full, uncropped picture as the import.

That is weird and I don't know what to tell you. Once you've cropped your photo and saved it via the native Photo app, does both your original photo & cropped photo show in your camera roll or just the cropped photo? Only the cropped photo show up in mine.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Only the cropped version, but 3rd party apps still pull the full one. I do see on the Apple discussion boards that I'm not the only one with this issue, so we'll see what happens. Maybe I'm just overlooking something.

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Yeah that is weird. Once I've cropped and saved only the cropped photo shows up in mine as well.

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2