Weekly Photo Contest: Shadows!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
It's time to announce this week's photo contest -- Shadows! For many photos, shadows are a curse and photographers do everything in their power to avoid harsh shadows. But for other photos, it's the shadows that really *make* the photographs and add drama and mood to the pictures. This is what we want to see this week -- get creative with shadows!

The prize: Glif tripod mount and stand!

glif-hero.jpg

The rules

The rules of entry are very simple. The photo must have been taken with an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch (we'll check the EXIF data of the original file to verify) and any edits must have been done with an iPhone or iPad app. No Photoshop CS6! If you have external lens accessories you are more than welcome to use them. You can submit as many photos as you'd like, but remember, this is a contest, so make sure you submit your best work!

Resources

Now, before you run off to take your photos, remember that it's not technical skill alone that will claim this prize. Even if you're not the best photographer (yet!), a great eye and a great subject can still get you the win. However, a little help can never hurt, so make sure you check out these articles from our iPhone photography series for some tips.

How to make your iPhone photography more striking with the ?rule of thirds?
How to make your iPhone photographs more powerful with negative space
How to take amazing macro photos with your iPhone

The contest begins now and ends next Monday, August 20 at 5p Pacific.

LaPs

Sep 8, 2008
Visit site
Ok just one more....big thanks to my friend Justin who had moved this patio chair the night before into this exact spot to create this very happy accident. One of my favorite photos that I've ever taken with my iPhone because, coincidentally, it happened to be Memorial Day! :)

Shot on an iPhone 4 with Camera+, and then brought into Filterstorm to mask some stray light that was on the right side of the frame.

illusionist987

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
all photos were shot with 645 Pro on an iphone 4s and edited in snapseed. The bearded man on the park bench was edited in simply b&w. The lady with the hat walking down the side walk was edited with simply b&w and camdream. The portrait of the girl was done with snapseed, superimpose and big lens. The couple was done in snapseed. The man in the hat was done in snapseed.

Last edited:

illusionist987

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
all photos were shot with 645 Pro on an iphone 4s and edited in snapseed. the photo with the red umbrella was made with simply bw and color strokes. The street sweeper photo was made in snapseed. the photo of the park bench was edited with simply HDR and cam dream. the photo of the two guys with hats was made from 3 separate photos and edited together using image blender, simply bw and cam dream. the portrait of the woman was made with simply bw and cam dream. the photo of the blind man at the bus stop was made with snapseed and big lens. the shadow puppet photo was made with super impose and camera+.

Last edited:

serwan

Banned
Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I took this one with iPhone 4S stock Camera app then edited it with SnapSeed.

the second one was shot wity 4S and I use iPhoto to edit it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711