Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Leanna Lofte
  • 3 Post By Tre
  • 3 Post By SimpleAsItSeems
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    App and photo editor

Global Posts
    1,466 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

Default Weekly Photo Contest: Back to School

It's time to announce this week's photo contest -- Back to School! Summer vacation is coming to close (and already has for some students), which means it's time to get back in the classroom and hit the books. For this week's contest, we want you to take a photo that's somehow related to school whether it be a picture of your locker, a creative arrangement of all your supplies, a picture of your kid all dressed up for school, or a beautiful landscape of your campus -- we want to see it!

The prize: Glif tripod mount and stand!

The rules

The rules of entry are very simple. The photo must have been taken with an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch (we'll check the EXIF data of the original file to verify) and any edits must have been done with an iPhone or iPad app. No Photoshop CS6! If you have external lens accessories you are more than welcome to use them. You can submit as many photos as you'd like, but remember, this is a contest, so make sure you submit your best work!

Resources

Now, before you run off to take your photos, remember that it's not technical skill alone that will claim this prize. Even if you're not the best photographer (yet!), a great eye and a great subject can still get you the win. However, a little help can never hurt, so make sure you check out these articles from our iPhone photography series for some tips.

How to take great looking portraits with your iPhone
    How to make your iPhone photography more striking with the “rule of thirds”
    How to make your iPhone photographs more powerful with negative space
    How to take amazing macro photos with your iPhone

The contest begins now and ends next Monday, August 13 at 3p Pacific.
    jsjackson2 likes this.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Time for some waveforms back at school!

Taken by iPad 3, using Aviary to edit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekly Photo Contest: Back to School-photo-9-8-12-11-22-11-am.jpg  
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    iOS Version

First Pic (BW) it's my campus building
    Second Pic, a lake inside my campus area
    btw, my campus is University of Indonesia

All pic taken with iphone4 verizon, edited with snapspeed
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekly Photo Contest: Back to School-photo-1.jpg   Weekly Photo Contest: Back to School-photo-2.jpg  
    iPhone Nanite

iPhone (Camera+)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekly Photo Contest: Back to School-photo.jpg  
    iPhone Nanite

The most beautiul campus in the world, the University of Notre Dame. This is the Office of Admissions, better known as the Golden Dome

iPhone 4 (Camera+)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekly Photo Contest: Back to School-photo-1-.jpg  

Global Posts
    2,769 Global Posts
    iOS Version

The first picture is of South Building at The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, second picture is a graduation cake, and third is a shot of Sitterson Hall
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekly Photo Contest: Back to School-photo-1.jpg   Weekly Photo Contest: Back to School-photo-2.jpg   Weekly Photo Contest: Back to School-photo-3.jpg  
    iMore Newbie

Getting the schools ready. New floors and putting the closet doors back on. Kids in three weeks
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts

Default Chalk Board

I hated seeing this message on the chalk board when I was younger. This was taken at the school I work for. Yes, we still have chalk boards. ha!

Edited with Camera+ and Big Lens.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekly Photo Contest: Back to School-blackboard.jpg  
    Tre
    iMore Beginner

Start grad school this Saturday after 8 years of working... (hopefully the brain still learns)

(edited w/ Camera+)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekly Photo Contest: Back to School-photo-aug-09-4-41-15-pm.jpg  
    iPhone Beginner

iOS Version

The monolithic main building of the campus at the College of Staten Island
    Weekly Photo Contest: Back to School-imageuploadedbytapatalk1344554608.139138.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iMore Nanite

Weekly Photo Contest: Back to School-imageuploadedbytapatalk1344567817.130423.jpgWeekly Photo Contest: Back to School-imageuploadedbytapatalk1344567850.483473.jpgWeekly Photo Contest: Back to School-imageuploadedbytapatalk1344567874.941504.jpg

I just took these while on vacation...
    Last edited by traveling2; 08-09-2012 at 10:07 PM.
    iMore Nanite

Weekly Photo Contest: Back to School-imageuploadedbytapatalk1344567954.123083.jpgWeekly Photo Contest: Back to School-imageuploadedbytapatalk1344567973.443048.jpg

A couple more.
    iMore Beginner

iOS Version

With all due respect, were these shots intended for last weeks contest?

Quote Originally Posted by traveling2 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344567817.130423.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	232.2 KB 
ID:	17903Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344567850.483473.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	283.8 KB 
ID:	17904Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344567874.941504.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	110.5 KB 
ID:	17905

I just took these while on vacation...
    iPhone Nanite

iOS Version

been 2 weeks since schools begun,,kids cooling off playing a round of basketball ...

taken using the ipad 3
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekly Photo Contest: Back to School-img_1245.jpg  
    iMore Intermediate

iOS Version

Tried taking these with proCamera. Just a few of my sons stationary for his first school year.

This one was edited with snapseed to add a slight dramatic effect.
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Smile

Time to study about management before class started in two weeks later..

(camera360, instagram)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekly Photo Contest: Back to School-img_0136.jpg   Weekly Photo Contest: Back to School-img_0135.jpg  
    iMore Beginner

iOS Version

It was tough to find a back to school subject but I found something! This is my trusty unofficial Hide&Seek Clothing mini notebook, AKA I was at the owners house, grabbed his stamp and stamped my notebook! Shot with Camera+, edited in Snapseed.

Weekly Photo Contest: Back to School-imageuploadedbytapatalk1344892948.931042.jpg
    Last edited by SimpleAsItSeems; 08-13-2012 at 04:27 PM.
    iPhone Nanite

Took this using the iPhone 4S, Camera+ and post-processing in Fotor with the Nostalgia Filter. I wanted to showcase what my desk may look like on any given school night.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekly Photo Contest: Back to School-img_1997.jpg  
    iPhone Nanite

when is the next photo contest since this one ended 13th aug ?!?!