Weekly Photo Contest: Black and White!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
Congrats to caropinzon for winning last week's negative space contest!

This week's contest is black and white photography! (monochromatic is ok too!)

The rules of entry are very simple. The photo must have been taken with an iPhone or iPad (we?ll check the EXIF data of the original file to verify) and any edits must have been done with an iPhone or iPad app. No Photoshop CS6! If you have external lens accessories you are more than welcome to use them. You can submit as many photos as you?d like, but remember, this is a contest, so make sure you submit your best work!

Make sure you check out these tips from our iPhoneography series!
http://www.imore.com/2012/03/03/negative-space/
http://www.imore.com/2012/02/10/rule-thirds/

This week's winner will receive a Glif tripod!

Have fun! Can't wait to see all the entries! You guys rock

Last edited:

andrewshah

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Oh boy, I'd love that tripod!

First picture is of the California Capitol. Edited with Photogene 2.
Second picture is also of the capitol, edited with Photogene as well as Snapseed.
Third photo is of the Padre Hotel in Bakersfield, CA.

Buzzerfly68

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Daybreak at Portland Bill

7170002392_b39525d3cd.jpg

Daybreak at Portland Bill

Taken with the Camera + app on the iPhone 4S using aperture lock, AutoStitch, and Snapseed. Lovin this forum!

Last edited:

cutdacheck2003#AC

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Chain Gang

20120421-142537.jpg

Taken with the native iPhone 4s camera and processed with dramatic black & white

Gone Fishing

20120422-114927.jpg

Taken with the native iPhone 4s camera. Edited with camera+ and dramatic black & white

Waiting Room

20120502-092507.jpg

This picture was taken with the native iPhone 4s. It was processed with photoforge 2 and camera+.

Last edited:

HarrellMD

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Black and White Submission

WARNING: NON INSTAGRAM PHOTO'S

The first picture is of me and my gf at Castella de la Armorosa in Napa, Ca. I cant remember if it was taken with an iPhone but Im positive Iedited it with Photo Power just to make it black and white.

The second one I am positive I took with my iPhone 4s in San Francisco. I used Photo Power to black and white it then used Finger focus to blur the outside background leaving her in focus.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Originally taken with an iPhone 3G, edited in the old Photoforge, I think. (It's been a while.)
The BW shot has no exif--I don't think every app saves it--but my unedited version does.

Vox

Jan 16, 2009
Visit site
A couple of pics

Well, here go a couple of pics for my first attempt at this contests :)

First of, construction spot near my home...8 line freeway getting fixed with a new underpass, this was taken with an iPhone 4 and mod'ed with instagram.

Second, a pic of my 2yo son thinking infant thoughts while watching the construction going on as we waited for food in a little taco stand in front of the new underpass; this one was taken with the same iPhone 4 and mod'ed with iPhoto.

Let's hope they aren't too bad...haven't taken pics for real in a long long long time :)

ralphjackson

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Last of an old bridge

The last section of the dismantled 89 year old Portsmouth, NH, Memorial Bridge sits on a barge in the Piscataqua River, waiting to be floated out to sea and to the scrap yard in Boston, MA - April 25, 2012.

Shot with iPhone4 using "True HDR", black & white by Snapseed
Second image shot using Olloclip fisheye lens

View attachment 15690

View attachment 15691

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members