FiLMic Pro = camera+ for videography

Rocktapus

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site

video link: Dead Breaks Society - Breaking The 4th Wall - YouTube
app link: FiLMiC Pro for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod touch (4th generation), iPad 2 Wi-Fi and iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G on the iTunes App Store

it sporadically goes free for some reason. i caught it when that happened, but i would definitely pay full price for this. i did a dark studio shoot the other day, and i definitely don't think i could've captured this footage with the default camera app. the biggest two reasons FiLMiC rules:
-separate reticle for focus
-separate reticle for exposure

the thing i forgot to do in this shoot was LOCK the focus, which is why the image blurs in my videos [i think it adds to my videos in this case though].

the default camera app is okay for video recording....but if you want more control over your visuals...FiLMiC is the way to go.

i wouldn't recommend it for casual video that you don't plan to edit...because i noticed that the "record" sound occurs at the beginning of each of my raw videos. hopefully they'll fix that in future updates.

[edit: don't know why the video isn't embedding]

FritzDaCat

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I agree that this app is amazing for serious filmmaking. It's worth 5 times whatever it's selling for now.

When you wrote about not locking the focus but liking it, I was skeptical. But I agree-- the blurring effect was actually kinda cool and looked like you intended to do it. Your film kept my interest for the whole 4 minutes and that's saying something. Nice job PJ!

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
[edit: don't know why the video isn't embedding]

Rocktapus, to pop a YouTube vid into your post, just click the YouTube icon above the posting window, and paste the video ID number (the part between the = and the & in the URL) in between the tags. Like so:

Hope that helps!

Reactions: Rocktapus

Rocktapus

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
thanks! i'm gonna make sure to LOCK the exposure/focus next time. this was my first time using FiLMiC even though i've had it for a long time. when i film with the default app, the focus/exposure locks when i hit record, so i've never had the blur thing before.

thanks for embedding it Massie!

FritzDaCat

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
i wouldn't recommend it for casual video that you don't plan to edit...because i noticed that the "record" sound occurs at the beginning of each of my raw videos. hopefully they'll fix that in future updates.

Rocktapus~
I forgot to mention something: I think that "sound" that you are referring to might be the 'slate" tone used to sync video and audio at the beginning of each clip. You might check the settings and see if you have the slate 'on' and if so, try turning it off.

Reactions: Rocktapus

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2