Instagram questions

iGore3

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
A couple questions for all your photographers out there relating to instagram and other similar photo editing apps.

1. Do you take pictures with your DSLR and load them on your iPhone to edit with Instagram or other photo editing apps?

Looking through some pictures on there, they definitely look like they were taken with a DSLR. Just curious if people actually do this.

2. When you use instagram and you are uploading a picture of your friends do you ask them or tell them you are loading their picture on the internet?

This is one thing that has stopped me from making my instagram profile public. I don't know if I should or not. I take a lot of pictures and want to share them, but I feel weird asking my friends.
Edit/Delete Message

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
Hi there!

1. I never load my DSLR pics on to my iPhone with the intent to edit with Instagram. In my opinion, Instagram is meant for "iPhoneography" and I think the photos should be exclusively taken with the iPhone. I think it's safe to say that, in general, others think the same.

You'd be surprised how how good the iPhone 4 and 4S photos can be, especially when edited. Tilt shift effects give the illusion of shallow depth of field - something you see often in photos taken with DSLRs.

2. No, I don't. We live in a world where putting picture on the internet is the norm. Legally speaking, you are the copywrite owner of the photograph and have full rights to posting them where you wish. However, if you feel that as a friend, you need to ask them first, that's up to you. The only time I will ask is when it's of a friend's child. Some people don't want photos of their children on the internet and I think it's my job, as their friend, to respect that.

FendrGuitPlayr

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Hi there!

1. I never load my DSLR pics on to my iPhone with the intent to edit with Instagram. In my opinion, Instagram is meant for "iPhoneography" and I think the photos should be exclusively taken with the iPhone. I think it's safe to say that, in general, others think the same.

You'd be surprised how how good the iPhone 4 and 4S photos can be, especially when edited. Tilt shift effects give the illusion of shallow depth of field - something you see often in photos taken with DSLRs.

2. No, I don't. We live in a world where putting picture on the internet is the norm. Legally speaking, you are the copywrite owner of the photograph and have full rights to posting them where you wish. However, if you feel that as a friend, you need to ask them first, that's up to you. The only time I will ask is when it's of a friend's child. Some people don't want photos of their children on the internet and I think it's my job, as their friend, to respect that.

I agree and with technology constantly changing sometimes you make a judgement call.