Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    App and photo editor

Global Posts
    1,466 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

Default Photo Contest: Win a JOBY GorillaMobile!

It's no secret that the iPhone is equipped with a great little camera. In fact, there is a entire genre of photography dedicated to it - iPhoneography.

In recognition of the iPhone's great photographic potential, TiPb has opened up this Photography and Video forum, and what a better way to celebrate it than to have a contest! A photo contest, that is.

To enter, submit up to 3 of your best photos. The rules? The photos must have been taken with an iPhone and edited only with iPhone apps. With each submission, include which apps you used to make your edits. We may ask the finalists to email the photos to us so that we can check the exif data and verify the photo was, indeed, taken with an iPhone.

The winner will receive a tripod for iPhone courtesy of ! This awesome little accessory includes a case that can be connected to the GorrillaMobile tripod in either landscape or portrait orientation. The legs of the GorillaMobile are extremely flexible and can be wrapped around and attached to nearly every surface. Every serious iPhoneographer should have one!

You have one week to submit your entries. We'll choose our 5 favorites, post them on the blog, and let our readers vote for the winner!
    Last edited by Leanna Lofte; 09-27-2011 at 04:29 PM.
    Thanked by:
    alexander__ekin (09-26-2011), OMMBoy (10-02-2011)
    iPhone Intermediate

all taken with hipstamatic

[hipstamatic dali lens + physical fisheye attachment]

the iPhone does best in close up shots IMO.
    edit: no photo editing apps were used for these photos
    iMore Nanite

These were all from when I was in California heading to Los Angeles. I used the original camera app but with HDR on. and no, I wasn't driving lol
    Last edited by hudster; 09-26-2011 at 08:46 PM.
    iPhone Newbie

I like this one, taken during a snowstorm in DC--that's the Peace Memorial in the foreground and, obviously, the United States Capital Building in the background. It was edited with PS Express, but sadly, I think its metadata is no longer in tact... :-(

Photo Contest: Win a JOBY GorillaMobile!-peace-memorial-dc.jpg

This one, however, was one of the first pictures I took with my iPhone 4--no editing program was used, and, interestingly, the room was fully lit; the camera was just so close to the flower that the flash lit the flower and darkened everything in the background on its own.

Photo Contest: Win a JOBY GorillaMobile!-photo.jpg
    Last edited by loanhighknight; 09-26-2011 at 08:49 PM.
    iPhone Nanite

Default here piggy piggy.

taken with iPhone 4. edited with snapseed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Photo Contest: Win a JOBY GorillaMobile!-img_1907.jpg  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Leme Cam

all taken from Leme camera.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Photo Contest: Win a JOBY GorillaMobile!-img_1073.jpg   Photo Contest: Win a JOBY GorillaMobile!-img_0022.jpg   Photo Contest: Win a JOBY GorillaMobile!-img_0585.jpg  
    iPhone 5 16gb (7.0.2)
    MacBook Pro 2.4 (10.8.5)
    iPod Classic 160gb (grey)
    iPhone Nanite

Default Photo Contest.

Here are three of mine. Hope you all vote and like

Downtown New Haven, CT
    Fenway Park
    WEHA res in CT
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Photo Contest: Win a JOBY GorillaMobile!-img_1676.jpg   Photo Contest: Win a JOBY GorillaMobile!-img_1829.jpg   Photo Contest: Win a JOBY GorillaMobile!-img_1627.jpg  
    Last edited by techdude830; 10-04-2011 at 05:26 PM.
    iPhone Newbie

Taken with my iPhone 3GS. 2nd and 3rd picture edited with Instagram.
    iPhone Nanite

Red Stripe in Negril, Jamaica

Girl Talk, House of Blues, Boston, MA

Fenway Park, August 2001

** All taken with an iPhone 4 and (1,2) filtered through Instagram (3) edited in Photoshop Express for iOS **
    Laura Petrie likes this.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    187 Global Posts

Default my iphone photograpy

By at 2011-09-06

By at 2011-07-15

By at 2011-07-16

this my iphone photograpy
    white apple ipad 2 32GB 3G, iphone 4, htc EVO 4G
    iPhone Nanite

Wink Win a Joby GorillaMobile!

here are just a few of the photo that i got creative with I use multiple apps when editing photos taking with the my iphone4
    which i enjoy very much doing. some of the apps i use are.

Filterstorm
    Layers
    PhotoViva
    Paint FX
    Photoforge2
    ToonPaint
    Strip Design
    PhotoStudio
    MobileMonet
    WordFoto
    Magic Eye Color effECT

i also have different camera app. one can get creative when editing photos with the right app...
    once i get the right effect that i'm looking i save the pic. i usually end up with a few of the same photo with different effect then i combine then all together to achive something nice.
    its very cool. it like having my own photoshop on my iphone4...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Photo Contest: Win a JOBY GorillaMobile!-000.png   Photo Contest: Win a JOBY GorillaMobile!-999.png   Photo Contest: Win a JOBY GorillaMobile!-333.png   Photo Contest: Win a JOBY GorillaMobile!-55555.png   Photo Contest: Win a JOBY GorillaMobile!-777.png  

Photo Contest: Win a JOBY GorillaMobile!-888.png   Photo Contest: Win a JOBY GorillaMobile!-11111.png   Photo Contest: Win a JOBY GorillaMobile!-4444.png   Photo Contest: Win a JOBY GorillaMobile!-6666.png   Photo Contest: Win a JOBY GorillaMobile!-22222.png  

12. Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  
    App and photo editor

Global Posts
    1,466 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

Quote Originally Posted by Jimenezr View Post
    here are just a few of the photo that i got creative with I use multiple apps when editing photos taking with the my iphone4
    which i enjoy very much doing. some of the apps i use are.

Filterstorm
    Layers
    PhotoViva
    Paint FX
    Photoforge2
    ToonPaint
    Strip Design
    PhotoStudio
    MobileMonet
    WordFoto
    Magic Eye Color effECT

i also have different camera app. one can get creative when editing photos with the right app...
    once i get the right effect that i'm looking i save the pic. i usually end up with a few of the same photo with different effect then i combine then all together to achive something nice.
    its very cool. it like having my own photoshop on my iphone4...
    Please reduce this down to 3 pics or indicate which 3 you want to be considered for the contest
    Thanked by:
    Jimenezr (09-28-2011)
    Jimenezr likes this.
    iMore Newbie

iOS Version

Default Photo contest

All taken with an iPhone 4. I used Instragram filters and cropped one of the photos with Photoshop Express.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Photo Contest: Win a JOBY GorillaMobile!-calistreet.jpg   Photo Contest: Win a JOBY GorillaMobile!-bolsachicas.jpg   Photo Contest: Win a JOBY GorillaMobile!-surfam.jpg  
    iPhone Nanite

Default Contest

Hawaii+Iphone4+Photoshop Express
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Photo Contest: Win a JOBY GorillaMobile!-hawaii.jpg   Photo Contest: Win a JOBY GorillaMobile!-pau-go-home.jpg   Photo Contest: Win a JOBY GorillaMobile!-zapata.jpg  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

Hi TiPB-ers!

This is a great idea for a contest.
    Here are my three contenders. I shot them on an iPhone 4 with the stock app, then added filters in Camera+

PS: I just realized it's actually pretty hard to pick just three photos out of all I've taken, so good luck picking the winner. This will be no easy job.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Photo Contest: Win a JOBY GorillaMobile!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1317116516.290768.jpg   Photo Contest: Win a JOBY GorillaMobile!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1317116561.919623.jpg   Photo Contest: Win a JOBY GorillaMobile!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1317116656.199371.jpg  
    iPhone Nanite

All photos were edited in Camera+, with the river boat image also edited with Tiltshift Generator too.
    Last edited by itsMrLuke; 09-27-2011 at 05:11 AM.
    pinny, Rocktapus and Laura Petrie like this.
    iPhone Nanite

All taken with iPhone camera and edited with Snapseed
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Photo Contest: Win a JOBY GorillaMobile!-img_2107.jpg   Photo Contest: Win a JOBY GorillaMobile!-img_2106.jpg   Photo Contest: Win a JOBY GorillaMobile!-img_2104.jpg  
    iPhone Nanite

Default Photo Contest

1) Toadstool - Edited with PS Express

2) Church of Christ the Cornerstone - Edited with Camera+

3) White hart Lane - Edited with Camera+
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Photo Contest: Win a JOBY GorillaMobile!-6173434008_c4fc2d9312.jpg   Photo Contest: Win a JOBY GorillaMobile!-5632269703_ca5a960b8d.jpg   Photo Contest: Win a JOBY GorillaMobile!-5604219276_38faee097d.jpg  
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

Default My best attempts at photography

Photo Editors Used:
    Beach: Instagram
    Ferris Wheel: Instagram
    Car/Landscape: All Natural Baby!

Good Luck Everyone!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Photo Contest: Win a JOBY GorillaMobile!-beach.jpg   Photo Contest: Win a JOBY GorillaMobile!-car.jpg   Photo Contest: Win a JOBY GorillaMobile!-ferris-wheel.jpg  
    Last edited by cms365; 09-27-2011 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Forgot Pictures
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    iOS Version

No adjustments were made to this photo.

Used Snapseed to make a cool grunge look

Used Snapseed (once again) to deepen the color of this beautiful grove of trees

And used Snapseed on this barn in Ohio. The grunge look makes it look classic.
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

Great photos everyone! I'm amazed. Here are my entries:

Taken/edited with Adobe Photoshop Express.

Taken/edited with Adobe Photoshop Express.

Taken/edited with TrueHDR. Yes, I poured it.

The Photoshop Express "Reduce Noise" filter is by far the best out there. Really fixes up grainy images.
    illusionist987 likes this.
    iPhone Nanite

Default Contest

Photo 1 and 2 only cropped with Photoshop express for IOS. All 3 photos are all natural with no filters.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Photo Contest: Win a JOBY GorillaMobile!-img_3021.jpg   Photo Contest: Win a JOBY GorillaMobile!-img_3206.jpg   Photo Contest: Win a JOBY GorillaMobile!-img_2738-1-.jpg  
    iPhone Nanite

Default The world is ending!!

Miami Beach Last Month.

No messing around with the photo just straight iPhone 4 with HDR! (I wanted to but a big picture of it up but only know how to do thumbnails)

Best photo I have ever taken and my friends think so a well!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Photo Contest: Win a JOBY GorillaMobile!-miami_beach.jpg  
    iPhone Nanite

Default West Hollywood

Taken with iphone, edited with Snapseed Drama filter
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Photo Contest: Win a JOBY GorillaMobile!-w-hollywood.jpg  
    iPhone Newbie

Default Photos

These are my Photos... All taken with Hipstamatic

Jeffvanluijk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Photo Contest: Win a JOBY GorillaMobile!-img_2173.jpg   Photo Contest: Win a JOBY GorillaMobile!-img_2176.jpg   Photo Contest: Win a JOBY GorillaMobile!-img_2243.jpg  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast